Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force particular users alone to change password

former_member228881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is like this, I have around 160 users out of which every user have to change the password every 30 days once. But i want two users alone to change the password every 6 Months once??  How to do it??

Regards,

RaJiTh R s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cannot apply the policy for individual user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Plz refere this SAP standard parameter for password logons,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Warm Regards,

PHB

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajith,

You can't, the parameter "login/password_expiration_time" apply to all users except system and service users.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right, and i wonder how your users will remember a new secure password every 30 days. Especially when they learn that the boss and you only have to change passwords every 2 months.

Seriously i don't because they are smart and will use "July2013" on the next change...

Cheers Michael

Edit: but let me add something constructive, there is a way, you can set a initial password, then the user will be forced to set a new passwort. So in your case write a Z-report that runs once a month and only resets the passwords of the two other guys every 60 days. But as i said i would not recommend to change passwords more than once a year.