cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during validation of target Project Management template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to Map 2 scenarios like Creating PS Project from Portfolio and Project Management Project from Project Template from Portfolio Item.

I have done configurations as shown below. But still no resolution.

i) Item type to Project Template

ii) Item type to Project type

and iii) Item type to PS Project

Can anyone Please guide on rectifying in this error and Execute an end to end integration with SAP PPM and SAP PS.

I have 3 scenarios to execute :- 1) Creation of Portfolio Item and Automatic creation of Project Management Project.

(In this I want to know about How Resource management can be handled. I need to a dashboard view to see all the resources assigned project wise and Loading on those resources)

2) Creation of Portfolio Item and Automatic creation of PS Project.

(In this I want know complete End to End cycle)

3) Creation of Portfolio Item and Creation of Automatic Project Management Project. And PS project linking to be done either automatic or through manual object link.

(In this I want Resource Management to be done through Project Management Project and other Logistc operations through PS Project).

Kindly please guide me to execute these scenarios.

Regards,

Vijay Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

My advice is you go step by step. Situation 1 and 3 from Portfolio Management settings are the same situation.

It is right your setting i) portfolio item type to project  ma nagement template ( my advice here is you create a very simple template only with project header to check your settings) and select this template as "default"

You have also configure in DFM the synchronization between item ID and cProject ID when item is created ( also you can synchronize the item description)

When you create the item you have to flag " create cProject"

Could you check this and share your results?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Clara,

I created a simple Project Management Template to Portfolio Item type and Project Management type to Portfolio Item type. Then tried creating Project on saving Portfolio Item.

I encountered error as below.

Project Management template error

Configuration:

Project Template

DFM Settings Maintained

Item Type to Project Template mapping

Please check the above error and config settings, Suggest on What needs to be done.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay Kumar S M

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay

I think you should have flagged "create project on saving"

Independent of this: My advice is you delete phase and task in the project management template ( only to heck if the project header can be created) and Check the project template is released ( I think yes ifnot you cannot configure).

Also check the projet type you have in the template has configured with flag  " activate project type"

If after these steps you continue having problems you can create a new template  and configure them. In the past I created several and configure them and no idea the reason one of them didn't work... I had to create another one and configure it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

I did the changes with the Project Management Template, and tried creating the Project on saving Item. But no use, same error is popping. I am getting what I need to correct here.

Project Management Template:

Please guide.

Regards,

Vijay

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

I have no idea where can be your problem. Some months ago there was posted the same question :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3156639

Could you check the configuration settings recommended by Pramod to check if you can find a solution?

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

My configurations are intact as suggested in the thread. I am still unable to auto trigger the Project in cProjects. Anyways I have raises OSS Message to SAP, hopeful of getting this resolved.

But I want one clearcut configurational and Process steps for 3rd scenario I mentioned in my initial message ( Creating cProjects Project from item and then creation of PS Project after changing status in cProject Project. Then in PS Project execution of logistic process should happen and in cProjects Project Resource management should take place).

Please suggest.

Regards,

VIjay