cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to JDBC return content of IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,  I am working on a JDBC IDOC JDBC scenario where I need to send the idocs to R/3 system and then need to return the idoc status with the contents of data back to the database source system.  Is there any BAPI or RFC exist that captures the data content of an IDOC with it's status? or is there any other way to do it?  Thanks a lot for your idea..  Regards,  Sambaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  Thanks a lot for you input.I prefer to to send the IDOC status using ALEAUD to the database system.What are the configuration steps I need to follow in both PI and R/3 side? Do I need a BPM ?or is it possible without a BPM? Do I need to import any IDOC structure in PI for the mapping to JDBC? what would be the JDBC reciver message structure?  Thanks in advance !

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can share one link for ALEAUD which should give a fair idea on configuration.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Handling+Idoc+Acknowledgements

IDoc communication is asynchronous by nature.

I am not sure how will you correlate a message sent from PI to the IDoc acknowledgement received from ECC without doing custom development in ECC and a complex design in PI.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sambaran,

If you need to return the IDoc status along with data contents, then ALEAUD (IDoc acknowledgements) will not server the purpose since it will just have the status and IDoc number.

I assume you have to send back the status in case of success/failure along with the key fields to the JDBC system. For this, in a similar scenario, I had designed an interface with proxy triggered through a workflow object within the IDoc process flow which captured the status of the IDoc along with key fields and sent it back to PI. PI maps the data to the JDBC structure and send it back to the sender JDBC system. Work with your ABAP team to identify a point where the IDoc status as well as the relevant data is available in ECC and make an asynch proxy available to them so that they can fill it with the data and send it to PI.

Advantage of this solution is ...it is almost real time scenario and behaves like synchronous.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no standard BAPI for that purpose. You can develop one yourself and select data from EDIDD table yourself. Or even better, you can use the IDoc acknowledgements sent by the receiver ECC system (see e.g. here), to make the scenario asynchronous and much nicer.

Regards,

Greg