cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.31 installation error>> modify user <sid>adm failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Admins,

Im installing NW 7.31 on Windows with MsSQL. And Im getting this error while Provision Manager is trying to create users for SAP system( step 3):

Modifying the USER <SID>adm failed. SOLUTION: Modify the account manually and choose OK to continue. The detailed error message is as follows:

modlib.jslib.caughtException:

Caught ESAinstException in module call: .

I deleted all users regarding the system from ControlPanel>Users account>Manage users and also from environment Variables

Pls advice.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Create the <sid>adm user under users and include it in the Administrators group. Resume (RETRY) the Installation. This will work.

Thanks,

Avishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

just today facing the same problem while installing SAP NetWeaver 7.3 EHP1 Application Server Java, Oracle DB and Windows. Installation with Domain-User, who is member of Domain-Admin Group.

After few moments (Step 3?) sapinst stopped with same Error Message and suggested to modify the user manually.

In my case not user <SID>adm itself has been the problem, but the missing Active-Directory Usergroup.

I had to create just the Usergroups

- Domain Users

(our Active Directory has been installed with German Language, so only group 'Domänen-Benutzer' existed, but not 'Domain Users')

- SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin

manually.

After that Installation succeeded.

Maybe you can try that and create the Active Directory User-Groups?

Kind Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I solved that error with an older provision manager tool

KR

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Is this a Domain or Local installation?  If Domain, then your domain administrators are likely to control the rights of users which are created.  It's also likely that the user account with which you are installing the system does not have sufficient rights on the domain.  It's definitely a rights issue though.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Graham,

the user <sid>adm is a domain user. I created user <sid>adm manually and gave group SAP_LocalAdmin rights (Manage> Local..>Users), but stil the same problem.

Pls advice

Thank you

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the local administrators group on the server, who is a member of that group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Check that the rights are as per the installation guide section 4.4  and section 7.6.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Thx for your advice. After checking and adding the users manually, the error was still the same. I solved the problem with an older version of provision manager.

Good luck

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool - thanks for letting us know.

By the way, to close the call mark it complete so that no one else tries to assist.

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

When you do a fresh installation usually it creates those relevant user on its own. In case you want to continue from the same phase where you are stuck then you can create the user <SID>ADM and then come back to SAP installation screen and click OK to proceed.

I guess you may be using Windows Server 2008 then do a right click in My Computer > MANAGE then follow below screen to create the user:

Regards,

SUJIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nicholson

Please check the user with whom you are running sapinst has full administration rights,if not please give  when you start sapinst again please right click on that and click run as administrator option.

Thanks

Mahipal