cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of Route Determination process in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I want to automate the process of Route determination which includes Route Creation, Transportation Zone creation and Route Determination, so that user can create routes by himself. Can somebody provide me the possible ways to do it?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Did you mean to say that the route is manually entered in the Order and you want to get the Route automatically determined.If my understanding is correct then you will have to follow the standard determination process

Country and departure Zone(From shipping point)

Country and receiving zone of the ship to party

Shipping conditions in the sales Order

Transportation group from the Material Master

weight group(Optional and only relevant in the delivery)

all these setting maintained get the efficiency for the system to determine route automatically on creation of sales Orders.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first query is if the system that needs the update is live Production environment , where the user can make direct entries. The entries are normally customised and transported thru quality servers after testing. If it is live environment , a maintenance view needs to exist for the tables relevant to Route, Transportation zone and route determination.

You may create customised Tcodes for updating those tables based on the user requirement.

Next is providing security role to customised Tcodes.

Hope this helps.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you mean the Automation of Configuration you can use BC sets which configures essential settings.

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva.

I checked with BC sets , as far as I have understood we can capture already created config data in BC sets. But my requirement is create New Routes and transportation Zones along with determination.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is nothing but  a category of Master Data which is one Time Process.

I dont think you regularly create Routes in the system.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have an interesting requirement but as fas as I know there is no any option to automate these IMG activities. I don't know why you want to give IMG activities access to end users but I am afraid this is not possible. You have to create route, zones and determination in SPRO. For determination you can use standard determination configuration.

Thank$