cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in SAP Security PFCG Merge option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with " Read old Data and merge with new Data  option " in PFCG. The issue is described below.

I have created a Role in which i added a t-code SU01 and this t code has got the below authorization default values for the object S_USER_SAS being maintained.

S_USER_SAS < Standard new>

ACT_GROUP: < EMPTY >

ACTVT : 01,06,022

Class: ABC

Profile: < EMPTY >

Subsystem : < Empty >

and this particular object has been added into my newly created role and i have maintained this object as below.

S_USER_SAS < maintained new >

ACT_GROUP: Z_SD_TEST

Profile: *

Subsystem : *

After which i have added a tcode Su10 and this t code has got the below authorization default values for S_USER_SAS.

S_USER_SAS

ACT_GROUP: < EMPTY > <Standard new >

Class: Super

So the above object has been added into my role and i have maintained the object as below.

ACT_GROUP: Z_MM_TEST

and finally below are the objects which are in my role.

S_USER_SAS<Maintained >--SU10              S_USER_SAS <Maintained>-----SU01

ACT_GROUP: Z_SD_TEST                          ACT_GROUP : Z_MM_TEST

ACTVT : 01,06,022                                      ACTVT : 01,06,22

Class: Super                                              Class: ABC

Profile: *                                                     Profile : *

Subsystem : *                                            Subsytem: *

Now when i remove the t code SU01, the maintained authorization S_USER_SAS which is coming from SU01 is not getting removed, rather it is showing me the status as below.

S_USER_SAS <maintained New>                        S_USER_SYS  < Maintained Old >

Act_Group: Z_MM_TEST                                      Act_Group:Z_SD_TEST         

ACTVT:01,06,22                                                  Actvt: 01,06,22

Class:ABC                                                          Class: Super

Profile : *                                                             Profile: *

Subsystem:*                                                       Sub System: *

Could you please let me know why even after i am deleting the t code Su01 from Role Menu , the transaction whose authorization default values caused the maintained authorization has to be removed, but it is not done.......

Thanks and Regards,

Nagarjuna Srivatsa.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarjuna,

Did you have the opportunity to check note 113290?

Regards,

Felipe Fonseca

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to delete the tcode from Menu tab --- in the respective role.

Check if this way, you shall see that the authorization class as well as objects relating to that tcode are removed from 'Change role: authorizations screen'.

Else, the best thing is in the change role authorizations screen --goto Utilities --> settings and check mark

>Delete Field contents and also technical names if not check marked.

Now, try to " Deactivate " by clicking on the deactivate button beside Copy or Merge icons

Mj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank each and everyone who took efforts in helping me to provide the solution to issue.

The final Solution was : it was a SAP Standard behavior.

If there is at least one authorization default value , whose default values differ from the maintained authorization , but has at least the same fields filled with default values, then the maintained authorization remains and is given the status “ maintained new “. A new Standard authorization is also added.

The status of “ maintained Old “ has been changed to “ maintained New “is designed to make the Role administrator aware that he must decide whether the  maintained authorization will still be required or not.

EX:

I have created a Role in which i added a t-code SU01 and this t code has got the below authorization default values for the object S_USER_SAS being maintained.

S_USER_SAS

and this particular object has been added into my newly created role and i have maintained this object as below.

ACT_GROUP: Z_SD_HOD

After which i have added a tcode Su10 and this t code has got the below authorization default values for S_USER_SAS.

S_USER_SAS

So finally now my role has the below objects.

S_USER_SAS <maintained  from SU01>       S_USER_SYS  < Standard from Su10 >

Act_Group: Z_SD_HOD                                      Act_Group: <Empty>       

ACTVT:01,06,22                                                    Actvt: 01,06,22

Class:ABC                                                             Class: Super

Profile : *                                                                 Profile: <Empty>

Subsystem:*                                                          Sub System: <Empty>

Now if we remove the t code SU 01 from Role , then the corresponding maintained object to the su01 will not get removed rather when you perform merge option then you can see the above instances of S_USER_SAS object.

S_USER_SAS <maintained  NEW from SU01>       S_USER_SYS  < Standard old from Su10 >

Act_Group: Z_SD_HOD                                                 Act_Group: <Empty>       

ACTVT:01,06,22                                                              Actvt: 01,06,22

Class:ABC                                                                      Class: Super

Profile : *                                                                         Profile: <Empty>

Subsystem:*                                                                 Sub System: <Empty>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What if you first copy the Standard and then deactivate the original Standard and then maintain the copy? Then, next time expert mode is used, SAP will not introduce a new instance. Well, so long as SU24 has not been changed between generations.

Kind regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maram

How SAP has made this functionality is explained below:

Above scenario cited by you only happens for Maintained status and not Changed status.It is like when you remove 1 tcode out of the 2 t-codes with same objects and different values.

Auth object for that t-code will be made as New status and the other instance of the same auth object for the 2nd t-code will be made as OLD status.

The auth object will only gets removed from PGFC if and only if all the t-code related to that particular auth object gets deleted.

Till that time it just makes the auth instances as status 'NEW' .

Hope this helps and answers your query.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are SU01 and SU10 the only transactions you have added to the role or are there others? What does the overview icon next to the object tell you when you click it?

You'll see that the instance is of status NEW, which should be interesting.

Message was edited by: Will Dunkerley - clarity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maram

The Last Maintained Auth object will be unchanged,even if any one of the tcodes is removed as well.

The condition here is if the two tcodes have same proposed values in Su24.

I repeat .. Maintained (you have just added values, but not changed values which are set in Su24)

Thanks

Pavan M