cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer 7.3 RFC Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

First time using VC 7.3 and I am finding it pretty awesome! HOWEVER I'm having a problem with the RFC connection to the model.

I ended up changing the underlying data structure of one of the output tables in the RFC. When I re ran the model it no longer brings through the values to the model (for the changed table only). It DOES however bring through the 19 records but they are all NULL when I check the debugger. I then copied the RFC to a new one (exact same function) and it works fine. This makes me believe it is a caching issue. Is there somewhere I need to go to clear the cache? I put both RFCs in the same model and ran debug. You can see the first two records in the array in the attached screenshot. The first is my original and the second is the copied RFC result.

Is this a bug with visual composer or something I'm not doing correctly regarding RFC cache?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Try to clear the JCo cache - go to NWA->Availability and Performance->Resource Monitoring->JCo Monitoring->Metadata Cache tab

Regards,

Vasilis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm does this need to be done all the time?

I think you guys are right. However when I tried to navigate to the screen mentioned I am seeing this message... Think I need to have a chat with the guy who set up portal 7.3.

message.JcoCacheManagementServiceFailure

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Yes, this needs to be done all the time. From time to time the cache will be updated /cleared automatically but... you would need to wait for that if you don't delete it by yourself.

Regards,

Anja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also getting this error in debugger ALOT.

0201> SmartBLock : Unexpected property 'stroke'

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

See KBA 1886384 - EP-VC: RFC changes not reflected in VC model of version CE and 7.3x

Regards,

Anja