cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining Technical Monitoring is being used..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented Technical Monitoring on our SolMan 7.1, SP8. We want an overview (graph/report), of all the alerts that were raised in a day, and those actually acted upon, so that we can compare them both.

Going by the "status" of each alert in Alert Inbox of Technical Monitoring Workcenter, we can make out where manual activities were involved, but that cannot be solution (System considers "mass alert confirmation" too, as a manual activity).

So, is there any way, by which I can show the business (graphs/report), that these many Technical Monitoring alerts were raised in a day, and out of these, that many were actually acted upon.

Thanks,

Hanfi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something I suggested for another user, but I never heard back if it works for them; as long as you don't care what the alerts are, and just want to know the number that triggered for a time frame.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3378495

Basically its to setup the ITSM, just for your team; and then set the auto incidents on the Defaults section of Technical Monitoring so a ticket is generated for every alert.  At which point ITSM should be able to provide a report to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

We haven't activated incidents for Technical Monitoring Alerts.

We are not using ITSM, as of now.

Thanks,

Hanfi

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like my SolMan is playing nice tonight, in the Technical Monitoring work center click on Alert Inbox click on the reporting button and start in a new window.

Most of the time this times out on me, but I just recently switched to a EXT kernel and performed some java updates.