cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP connectivity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a weird issue at present we are facing in production. We have a scenario where we are using SOAP CC at sender side. The sender system claimed that the PI is not picking up the files more than 100 KB size data file. Its picking only less than 100 KB size messages. I came to know that PI picks the file more than 2 MB via web service even at worst cases. But 100 KB is very less than usual. Can you please suggest on how to proceed with this type of error.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

You may refer to the SAP Note 856597.

Regards,

Jani Shaik

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Are you getting time out error?

try with this:

Increase maximum connection parameter in your communication channel.

Specify some values in the module parameter in your SOAP channel.

XI.timeout = 60000.

The value must be given in milliseconds. For example, value 600000 represents the timeout value of 10 minutes.

/AB

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinvas,

I suppose that you are talking about attachments in the Sender SOAP adapter. I think that the problem could be in the SOAP timeout because as far as i know there is no problem with big messages, i deal with 10 Mb messages without any problem. Check if the PI raise an exceptions when the execution is about five minutes, and if i'm right you can increase de timeout:

XI.Timeout for the sender (ms)

XMBWS.Timeout for the receiver (ms)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki Vila,

As you said our scenario is sending attachments through web service. I have checked the CC in PI and i didnt find any errors in PI. How can we check if the time out error has happened. And also how to increase the time out in the PI. Could you please elaborate about this.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Which PI version are you using?, You can check the timeout in the communication channel monitoring inside the Runtime workbench, depending of your version this utility is located in different place.

For increase the timeout check this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03...,page 18.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaka,

We are using SAP PI 7.1 version. But i didnt find it the CC monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

In case of sender SOAP communication channel there is no  concept of "Picking up files by PI".

The message would be triggered by Web app/server to PI directly.

Can you see any error message in sender SOAP channel or in SXMB MONI when PI receives more than 100 KB, If so please provide the error

Regards,

Moorthy