cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this SAPME Webservice error mean?

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I try to execute a Complete Operation in the SAP ME 6.0 ProductionService, I get this response from SoapUI):

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Parameter set failure. The runtime was not able to set some parameter value. See nested exception for details.).</faultstring>

<detail>

<yq1:com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.runtime.RuntimeProcessException xmlns:yq1="com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.exceptions.TransportBindingException" _m...: Connection IO Exception. Check nested exception for details. (Parameter set failure. The runtime was not able to set some parameter value. See nested exception for details.).</yq1:com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.runtime.RuntimeProcessException>

</detail>

</SOAP-ENV:Fault>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

No errors in NW error logs related to this response.

Any Ideas, anyone?

Regards, Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I found the problem.  this error occured when making a ProductionService Complete request with QuickComplete set true and Start and end DateTime values defined.

In the Web Service Call, it is necessary to provide some value for the attributes of the DateTime values for the request, if you have to specify them  These settings cause the error:

<me:DateTime timeZoneCode="" daylightSavingTimeIndicator="">2013-06-25T12:27:36</me:DateTime>

<!--Optional:-->

<me:QuickComplete languageCode="?">true</me:QuickComplete>

<me:DateStarted timeZoneCode="" daylightSavingTimeIndicator="">2013-06-25T12:27:31</me:DateStarted>

These settings will allow the service to execute correctly:

<me:DateTime timeZoneCode="?" daylightSavingTimeIndicator="?">2013-06-25T12:27:36</me:DateTime>

<me:DateStarted timeZoneCode="?" daylightSavingTimeIndicator="?">2013-06-25T12:27:31</me:DateStarted>

The service call will also work if the attributles are removed from the nodes:

<me:DateTime>2013-06-26T04:27:36</me:DateTime>

<me:DateStarted>2013-06-26T04:27:31</me:DateStarted>

Regards, Steve

tim_drury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Steve, don't leave attributes with values of "" or "?" - just remove the whole attribute.  Here are the comments in the DateTimeMapper class we use:

* if the SAP DateTime's XMLGregorianCalendar specifies a timezone offset, then ignore the

* extra SAP timezone code and DST indicator.

* if neither the XMLGregorianCalendar timezone offset nor the SAP timezone code are present

* then assume UTC (GMT+0).

* NOTE: currently this mapper doesn't support using SAP's DST indicator.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

From my experience it could be that XML doesn't contain all required information. Try to fill as many tags as possible even if they are marked as optional.

Konstantin

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I believe I saw similar error caused by SOAP UI itself. What version do you use? Is there any another request that works fine from SOAP UI with the same user?

Do you use HTTP or HTTPs for that WS? Does it work if test from NWA?

Regards,

Alex.