cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Source Technologies ST-9630 printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on ERP 6.0 EHP4 and need to set up new ST-9630 printers (with MICR) from Source Technologies for printing AP checks directly out of SAP.  I can't find any information about which device type to use for this printer model.  Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Susan Haenicke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I set one of these up for my environment, for checks also!

and as a bonus here are the 3 Z*** names that also needed to be added

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Billy!  You are right on.

I managed to get a hold of somebody at Source Technologies late yesterday, and they gave me the exact same thing.  They also sent me a very good document showing how to set the printer up and how to use it in the forms.  I tried attaching it, but the system doesn't let me.  So here is the content:

1. Obtain the correct MICR commands from Source Technologies
    1. 1st command (ZMON) is to turn on the MICR font
    2. 2nd command (ZMPAS) is for the MICR password (provided by Source Technologies)
    3. 3rd command (ZMOFF) is to turn off the MICR font.
  2. Copy an appropriate device type (HPLJ4 PCL 5) in SAP and add the appropriate controls
  3. Reference the print controls from within the SAP Script
  4. Set print method to U – Berkley Protocol    

• Print controls:

• SAPScript adjustment:

• The MICR line information to call the special characters needs to be changed:

C changes to o and A changes to t.  (o&REGUD-CHECT&o t&REGUD-OBNKL….)

• Note from Support: Make sure the paragraph format for the micr window doesn't contain any font formatting commands.
bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also something else to know about when you copy a device type it is basically an export/import scenario (if I am recalling correctly), so I started off by doing this in Dev in the open client.  Then when it came to putting it into QA and Prod, I tried to think of a way to trigger a transport without interrupting the testing in Dev.

Came up with an easier solution, flip over to 000, open the client, import your device type, close client.  Far less users to make changes in the system, and you accomplish your goal of getting the device type to the right system(s).  I have also had good experiences with PAL and transferring the device types in this method (with the 000 open client idea).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, what you should have done is assign the new device type to a development class and transport it to QA and production.

Answers (0)