cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gettin Message Id with split messages - PI 7.3 (Single Stack)

0 Kudos

When you define multiple receivers for a PI message, PI makes as many copies of the message as necessary to send to all receivers.

All these message have another Id assigned to them.

Is there any way to find out into which messages is the original message (Parent Message ID) on an Integrated Configuration on PI 7.3 (Single Stack).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to use DynamicConfigurationBean in the sender channel and set attribute message.messageId, which is the messageId of the source message when captured in sender channel. Please have a look at Example 2 on SAP help.

The dynamic configuration header will carry this attribute to your split message, where you can read it with a user-defined function in message mapping. You will find plenty of material on SCN (blogs etc.) on how to use the Bean and how to read dynamic configuration header in mappings.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, We use the solution you provide and it works!

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Israel,

How to handle this if my sender channel is a SOAP adadpter? as SOAP sender adapter can not be extended with adapter modules.

Thanks

Sugata B

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

How to handle this if my sender channel is a SOAP adadpter? as SOAP sender adapter can not be extended with adapter modules.

Thanks

Sugata B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Israel Toledo,

Message branching comes into picture when Receiver determination have more than one receiver.

The "fast-forward" symbol is standard for branched messages in sxmb_moni. It marks the original incoming message. The 2 ohter messages(In case there are 2 receivers) in sxmb_moni are messages as a result of the branch.

Regards,

Moorthy

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

In my case, we are using Single Stack, so we cannot access to the SXMB_MONI. My question is if it is possible to get the Parent Message ID using only JAVA Stack.

Thanks!