cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Heuritics - Why is the real demand considered when RealTime Deployment not used

jusbirsingh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I do not understand why the deployment heuristics that is executed in my organization is considering and deployment against forecast.

DETAILS

Network in place

Factory >> DC >> customers

Distribution planning process in place

a.      a. SNP heuristic executed on customer location based on forecast received

b.      b. Which creates planned stock transfer orders (DRP) on customer location

a.      This DRP can be changed (then DRP <> forecast)

c.      c. This is reflected as DDP on source location  (at DC)

d.      d. Factory feeds the DC with supply

e.      e. Deployment heuristics (not the real time deployment) from DC to Customer ( using fair share rule) on DRP (planned stock transfers)

I noticed that Deployment heuristics deploys not only on planned stock transfers (DRP) but also raw demand (forecast)

For example

I have forecast as below at customer location. DRP as determined by SNP heuristics is a second line. User has deleted DRP for Nov and Dec.

Deployment calculates DRC and third line below.

Question is why there is DRC in Nov and Dec when the DRP is zero for these buckets. There is also no DDP in DC level for both buckets.

PlanJulyAugNovDec
Forecast1000010000150005000
DRP after SNP100001000000 (arbiration process, DRP set to Zero)0 (arbiration process, DRP set to Zero)
DRC after depl100001000012726684

The deployment log shows the forecast for Nov and Des accumulated in "StorageQty" column. We can also see deployment for above Nov and Dec qty in the log.

This is driving me crazy and I am unable to explain this behavoir and also the StorageQty.

Thanks in advance to all who will help to explain this.

Jusbir Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Jusibir,

Check with the ATD issue profile attached to source location. Whether forecast has also been added there, if yes then remove it it'll work.

Regards

Debashis

jusbirsingh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Padhy,

Thank you for your reply.

However, the ATD Issue category group used for location master does not include category FA, Forecast Requirement (PlR).

Also can you help to explain the StorageQty column in SNP deployment log? What does it represent?

Regards.

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Jusbir,

Whether you ha put  any ATD issue in product specific. and what is SNP checking horizon  have maintained ? Can you provide the snapshot of SNP2 tab of this product master.

And  also using fairs share rule B: Proportional Fulfillment of Target. Then here system will put a  a comparison of storage quantity and target stock. on the basis of the comparison, quantity gets deployed.

• Fair share rule B is to raise the stock levels in all demand locations to approximately the same percentage of target stock level. The percentage per destination location is defined as deployment-relevant stock (= stock on hand - SNP stock transfers) divided by the target stock level. If there is a negative projected stock level, the system first attempts to raise the stock level at all destination locations to zero. The system then attempts to raise the stock level at all destination locations to the same percentage of target stock level.

On your case it looks like you have not maintained any  safety days supply or safety stock in destination location LLB72. That is the reason target stock column shoeing as a zero value. Where as the Storage quantity showing negative values....

Regards

Debashis

jusbirsingh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Denashis,

Thanks for further clarifications.

ATD Issue is maintained at location level. We do not use target stock.

Here are the snap shots

Product at LLE873 (customer location)

Product at DC level

Category Group config