cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA is not coming for DB server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

We have ECC server on CI and DB on different host ...EWA alert is coming for CI server ....It is not having any detail about the DB server ...i.e OS version of DB is also not coming

Please suggest on the same

Rableen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen

A lot of data is being gathered through the diagnostics / host agent combination nowadays so you might want to look at the configuration of those agents for that instance and the BI infocubes that are related to it because it's very likely that the data isn't fetched purely through RFC anymore.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything is working properly , but EWA is not fetching the DB server data.

Rableen

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This posting could be helpful to you:  http://scn.sap.com/thread/1727517

Unfortunately I am running 7.1 SP08 and I can't do as much in SMSY as you can with 7.01.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a CI and DB that resides on a different host; and the EWA reports come through for the SQL server for multiple <SID>s.

What version of SolMan?

Did you perform the managed systems setup?

Do you have the SMD/Diag agents deployed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear billy,

EWA was working fine when it was with DB and CI was on the same host .....I have split the db and CI server before 10 days and our database is db2 .....

Our solman version is 7.01 , and it does not look any issue in solman ,,,,

Rableen

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the central DBA cockpit working in the system, my understanding is that is how the information for EWA is obtained for the DBs.

You can verify by going to tx ST04 and selecting that db2 database, my guess is that an error will occur, due to moving the DB off the CI system.