cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed system configuration For EHP6 ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring the managed system configuration for my development system. I am getting confused during the 1st phase "Select Product".

Please let me know  what should be the diagnostic relevant for EHP6  ECC6.0.

For your information we have installed the  EHP6-ECC 6 and we are planning to upgrade ECC-DIMP and SAP-HR to EHP6.

Appreciate if you can share your views on this upgrade strategy also.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have a look at this wiki document to guide you in selecting diagnostics relevant products. Not all products are relevant and you will find you get an error if you select the incorrect product. Simply deselect it if that happens.

As far as adding or upgrading components to EHP6, use Maintenance Optimizer and select only the Technical Usages that you require. Once your managed systems are correctly configured in Solution Manager this process will be simple as all necessary components for the upgrade will be selected automatically.

Regards,

Nelis

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also manually execute a verification check, which is a huge help in figuring out what should or shouldn't be checked. 

It looks like you are on a system creation screen, if so, after you finish the creation go back to your LMDB and under the software section you should see a verification check yellow button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the wiki link given by you and done the configurations. But now when generating the stack I am getting wired error which I will raise on my next discussion. lets see how it will go.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat,

Please go thru the link for a clear picture of maintenance of product in system landscape.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sunny Raj