MDM Duplicate Reciognition for SP04

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

I have worked on MDM 5.5 sp03

and i know the way to find duplicates as specified in How-to Guide

Currently I am working on SP04 - Material Master

I want to know whether the procedure of finding duplicates is same as SP03 ( ie. Defining match rate , match group , match category and Importing the data as many times as no. of rules )?

or there is some better way provided in SP04?

My second question is

To set rules for material master, what are the fields (along with their priorities), that can be used to identify the duplicates?

Regards

Sheetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sheetal I am also working on Material master for MDM

The Other Fields I use are

1 MARA-MTART Material type

2 MARA-BISMT Old Material number

3 MARA-MEINS Base Unit of Measure

4 MAKT-MAKTX Description

5 MARC- WERKS Plant

It is possible that you get the same plant data from diferent system and their is some mismatch in the plant dependent data like MRP. So even before you load the material master data you will have to look into all the set updata like werks,purchasing organization and make sure they all are consolidated.

Thnaks

Prashanta

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Prashanta

this is certainly very helpful while building deduplication rules

Regards

Sheetal

former_member190313
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks a lot to all

now i got enough idea about finding duplicates in SP04

Can any one suugesst more fields in Material Master along with the fields that are suggested like(EAN/UPC) ?

thanks n Regards

Sheetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

For materials, you can use EAN/UPC codes.

You may use GTIN numbers if available.

EAN/UPC code is unique to a material. If the EAN of two materials matches, then you can give a high score.

This leads you to the fact that both materials are good candidates for merging.

If the UPC/EAN codes differ then you can give a negative number.

This will establish that they are indeed poor matches.

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

See also this blog on matching with MDM 5.5 SP4: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3656. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP04 introduced Matching & Merging in the MDM Data Manager (access it by clicking the "M" icon in the toolbar next to the Record (R), Hierarchy (H) buttons.)

The matching is flexible. At the "bottom level", you have transformations which allow you to manipulate data in a field. EG: if you were de-duplicating companies, you could strip out "(pty)" and "limited" and "ltd" from the company name.

At the "middle level", fields and/or transformations are added to a rule and you score the rule. So an exact match (say both fields match) could score 50 points, but a partial match (only 1 field matches) could score 25 points.

At the "top level", rules are added to strategies and a final scoring is applied (the sum of the individual rules added to the strategy is the maximum that a strategy can score.)

You then execute the strategy against all / some of the records and a matching score and level (high / low) are returned. Selecting a record will display the other records that it has matched and you can select to add them to a merging process.

As for identifying duplicates, basic matching transformations, rules and strategies are provided with the new repositories. And of course you have the option to develop your own matching rules. Matching is only available on your main table.

I'd suggest playing around with it a bit to get a feel for how it works before working on live data