cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callback function with NCo 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to "CDESK_SHOW" function call in SAP using NCO 3.0. This function on Option CALLBACK = 'X' get error message:

"SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunctionNotFoundException: RFC callback server not available

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.Dispatch ()

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConnection.RfcReceive (RfcFunction function)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcDeserialize (RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive (RfcConnection conn, IRfcIOStream stream, RFCID rid)

(conn RfcConnection)

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.RfcCallReceive

at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcFunction.Invoke (RfcDestination destination)

at Test_SAP_Connect.SAP.DisplayDocumentS.CDESK_SHOW "

How can I implement callback function with NCo 3.0?

THX for help

Marius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

NCo 3.0 is not supporting callbacks from ABAP to .NET.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thx for your answer. Do you know with which Connector can I implement Callbacks from ABAP?

No matter what language (C++, Java or C#)

Best regards,

Marius

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

the NW RFC SDK still has the capability. on https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/ABAP%20Connectivity%20Home you can find articles describing how to program with NW RFC SDK. The advanced topics document is the one describing callbacks. However, the NW RFC SDK requires that you take care for connection management - it is not that comfortable like NCo and JCo.

NCo 3.0 and JCo only support callbacks from a .NET/Java RFC Server to ABAP via the predefined destination BACK, which is only usable in this context.

Best regards,

Markus

rafaelht3108
Participant
0 Kudos
MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

the link points to a .NET Connector 2.0 API, which is even not about callback. Marius is asking about NCo 3.0.

Best regards,

Markus