cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 application page not opening from MII Portal in IE9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to open a sapui5 application page inside the MII portal in Internet Explorer 9. But, it gives error and application page not displayed.

Note: MII Version is 14.0

Now, If I modify the Document Mode to IE9 Standards for the above page, malformed page is showing.

Is there any configuration I need to follow to open my ui5 application inside the MII portal in IE9. Could you please guide me to solve this issue ? Advance Thanks for That.

Best Regards,

Bibhas Das

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try using IRPT pages instead of HTML pages and check ?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps it is the iFrame used in the MII 'portal' that works differently (especially since it works when opening the portal link in a new window).  Try any old htm page with iframe and src to your html5 page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tufale and Rutika,

I have used proper HTML meta tag and each required ui5 libraries is in right place in my SAPUI5 application.  I have tested my SAPUI5 application standalone in SAPUI5 compatible browser FireFox 17 (ESR), IE9 and in both browser application is perfectly running. But When I have tried to test my application inside the MII portal its actually gives error.

Dear Christian,

Your point is correct. Some how parent's document mode inherits into my application and do not consider my sapui5 application's doc type and yes, When I have tried to open as a new window my application from MII Portal, its running properly. But, my requirement is to open the page inside the MII Portal.

I am still in search of solution. Thanks everyone for looking into this issue and also again Advance Thanks for further inputs.

Best Regards,

Bibhas Das

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could try using MII's custom portal functionality. If my memory is correct you would need to rework some of the menu functionality and I think there is also a web dynpro compatibility issue you may run into with some of admin items but I remember having issues there as well so that may be a waste of time. Been a while and its a different version so its worth a shot. Otherwise you are probably going to have to open a ticket with SAP or search for an IE solution though I remember their view was that IE is working as designed though I think this 'feature' was not working this way in older IE versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not use SAPUI5 as the only front-end? It will make your life easier.

One way to do it (since I don't know jsp it is only cleint-based):

1Create an empty page on startup

2)call http://server:port/XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=CurrentProfile&ContentType=text/xml to get the structure of the links for the logged in user

3)construct the menu once you have that data.

Christian is correct that the admin pages still need to be on IE, but I would only change it for the users anyway.

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't looked into this issue on version 14 yet but for previous MII versions I think the servlet/jsp for the personalization service is setting the doc type, and if I remember correctly even if you try to override it with a custom portal, IE will still respect the header value over the doctype in the document. Most of my 'HTML5' development has been on the mobile side where it hasn't been an issue so I didn't spend to much time looking into that. Anyway the problem you are having is because the portal uses an iframe to display your page and for whatever reason IE does not respect the document type of your page and forces all content in iframes to inherit the parent doc type. Try setting your page to open in a new window instead of in the portal.

Regards,
Christian

rutika_bodas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bibhas,

In addition to what Tufale has mentioned above, the first line in your html page should be

<!DOCTYPE HTML> alongwith the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">   in the head tag.

This enables the UI5 page to render in Compatible Mode even if the settings in your browser are set to run in 'Quirks' Mode.

As per UI5 standard guidelines, the UI5 pages are supported only in compatible mode of the browser.

Thanks,

Rutika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bibhas,

Make sure you have loaded the SAP UI5 libraries correctly. Also, try adding the following code as the first statement in the Head tag

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"

You could also check

and ..

Regards

Tufale Ashai.