cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.3 Configtool AccessException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Netweaver 7.3 SP08 system installed. SAP Instance is starting up fine and NWA is working.

When I start up the config tool and select Template - Instance - VM Parameters - Additional and press

the "New" button the configt tool command window report an exception and I can't add any parameters.

I have tried it both with the <instance>adm user and a domain administrator account.

Anybody got an idea what might be causing this?

Best Regards,

Johan Nordebrink

launching Java from D:\usr\sap\ND1\J00\exe\sapjvm_6
   INFO: Loading tool launcher...
   INFO: [OS: Windows Server 2008 R2] [VM vendor: SAP AG] [VM version: 1.6.0_51]
[VM type: SAP Java Server VM]
   INFO: Main class to start: "com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.ConfigTool"
   INFO: Loading 18 JAR files: [.\lib\jdbc.jar, .\lib\jvmx.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc
~bl~config~impl.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~deploy~controller~offline_phase_asm.jar
, .\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~gui~impl.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~iqlib~impl.jar, .\lib\sa
p.com~tc~bl~jarsap~impl.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~offline_launcher~impl.jar, .\li
b\sap.com~tc~bl~opensql~implStandalone.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~bl~sl~utility~impl.
jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~exception~impl.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~je~cachegui.jar, .\li
b\sap.com~tc~je~configtool.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~je~configuration~impl.jar, .\li
b\sap.com~tc~je~offlineconfiguration~impl.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~logging~java~imp
l.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~sapxmltoolkit~sapxmltoolkit.jar, .\lib\sap.com~tc~sec~se
cstorefs~java~core.jar]
   INFO: Start
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.InternalError: Unexpected excep
tion while reading capabilities: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class com.sap
.jvm.Capabilities can not access a member of class com.sap.jvm.impl.util.NativeC
apabilities with modifiers "private static native"
        at com.sap.jvm.Capabilities.getNativeCapabilities(Capabilities.java:178)

at com.sap.jvm.Capabilities.<clinit>(Capabilities.java:25)
        at com.sap.engine.lib.config.impl.jvm.AdditionalParametersImpl.getVMOpti
ons(AdditionalParametersImpl.java:57)
        at com.sap.engine.configtool.console.VMParameters.getAllSupportedJVMPara
meters(VMParameters.java:449)
        at com.sap.engine.configtool.scanner.Scanner.getAllSupportedAdditionalJV
MParameters(Scanner.java:921)
        at com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.panels.VMSettingsPanel.addParameter(
VMSettingsPanel.java:390)
        at com.sap.engine.configtool.visual.panels.VMSettingsPanel.actionPerform
ed(VMSettingsPanel.java:181)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:19
95)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.jav
a:2318)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel
.java:387)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242
)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonL
istener.java:236)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6329)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3275)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6094)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2039)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4692)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2097)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4520)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4575
)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4236)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4166)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2083)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2489)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4520)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:681)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:81)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:640)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:638)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessCo
ntrolContext.java:86)
ntrolContext.java:97)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:654)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:652)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ntrolContext.java:86)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:651)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre
ad.java:269)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.
java:184)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
ad.java:174)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Have you tried using console config tool?

May be you can edit without using GUI configtool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I have not used console config tool... actually I do not know what it is

I have also noticed that I can log into NWA web interface and access the VM Parameters that way.

Is it also possible to edit using NWA web interface?

Best Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is actually not that difficult.

./consoleconfig.sh run this command from configtool directory if you are in linux.

I am not sure if we can edit the VM parameters from NWA i doubt if there is any way to edit from NWA.

When you use consoleconfig you would get the following screen and from there it would be easy as it is pretty much the same screen.

Connecting to database ... OK

Scanning cluster data ... OK

Initializing menus ... OK

1) Connect to DB

-------------------------

6) Global dispatcher configuration ...

7) Global server configuration ...

😎 Instance ID226037 ...

-------------------------

13) Exit

Your choice: 13

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

viktor_misurak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

this should help to fix the original issue:

SAP Note 1909356 - Configtool stops working after SAPJVM update

Best regards,

Viktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.InternalError: Unexpected excep

tion while reading capabilities: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class com.sap

.jvm.Capabilities can not access a member of class com.sap.jvm.impl.util.NativeC

apabilities with modifiers "private static native"

You have problems with access modifiers not allowing you to start required methods. Which actions you perform before you have faced with the given error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only actions before facing this problem was installing Netweaver 7.3 and

then patching it to SP08. Both actions was successful with no errors.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have some inconsistencies in sap jvm 6 installation. Try to update it to more recent patch (1.6.0_52).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I already have it on patch level 6.1.052

Best regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your first message:

> INFO: [OS: Windows Server 2008 R2] [VM vendor: SAP AG] [VM version: 1.6.0_51]

Have you performed update after installation? Which method you use for update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the normal JSPM with solution manager package to do the upgrade... That is really strange
that it is referring to version 51 instead. That jvm I don't even have in my Netweaver instance folder structure.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check sapjvmmanifest.mf file, execute java -version, check SAPJVM_VERSION profile parameter to obtain version of SAP JVM installed.

> I used the normal JSPM with solution manager package to do the upgrade

Please explain what upgrades you performed. Is it related to sap jvm update?