cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading material classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to load into BW data from Material Classification and cannot find a standar extractor.

I need to load the class, characteristics and their values in relation with each material.

I found out the 0CLASS_TYPE and 0CLASS_NUM but i cant get the transactional data for the values and link them with the material.

Any help or documentation will be of help.

Thanks a lot

Ignacio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to have a copy of the guide that was prepared.

Could you send it to kwitmer@state.pa.us

Thanks,

Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Can you give me your email address. It would be great if you can send me the steps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiten01@yahoo.co.uk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have misplaced the key document would be great if someone who already has a copy could forward on (this includes relevant SAP Notes). Otherwise if you email me I can send across a couple of good BW Expert articles. If no one has the document I will prepare again just let me know. Email hiten01@yahoo.co.uk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody:

I'm uploading too classification data. Could anyone send me this wonderful document to davidmajada@gmail.com.

I'm trying to upload classification data for class type 001 (material) and I reach it, but I have some problems with 023_batch. I've modified 0BATCH by permitting attributes (this attributes are R/3 characteristics). DataSource comes from MCHA table. Material is key field in this table, and when I upload batch master data, system says me that there are duplicated records. But really they are no duplicated.

Well, is a little bit confusing, but if somebody knows the solution... please say me.

Please, do not forget send me the document.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten Shah,

Could you please send me the document on Material Classification that you have prepared. I am trying to load Material classification from R/3.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivera

Could you share your learnings with all of us . I am also working on a material classification.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transaction CTBW is an R3 transaction which is supported on BW with CTBW_META which creates corresponding InfoSources and InfoObjects.

Consider the datasources which are created using CTBW as extension of master and transactional datasources.

In your case 0Material_Attr which is class type 001 and object table 100 if it is configuration class type 300 (you would need to check)

Why can you not have multi values since it will not make sense with the key logic for 0Material:

Key = Material Number therefore each characteristic can only show one value

If not clear forward me an email address and I will send you a step by step guide I have prepared for a company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

My email address is imarkram@yahoo.com.au

Thanks for sending me your document.

Rgds,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi niten Shah,

Can u please send me the document for Material Classification. I am trying to load Material classification from R/3.

Thankyou,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten Shah,

Please ssend the material classification document to kris_toledo@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi! i'm using material classification.. can someone send the document to a8127@hotmail.com, please ?

Alex

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to have a copy of the guide that was prepared.

Anyone please send it to Amber.Morphis@gmx.net

Thanks,

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niten

Can you send me the document to my gmail account ASAP

I will be in need of this...

getursam@gmail.com / sam.latha@gmail.com

Thanks much in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please send me the document.

Im trying to use this option and I have a lot of problems.

Thanks, my email is monica_elizondo@yahoo.com

Thanks again

Mónica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niten

I need some help with Material Classificaion as well. I looked at the OSS note 303046 but it didnt help me. I still dont know what to give as "Object Table" and then how to add the required characteristics.

Please send me the document that you prepared. Email ID: srinu_mangu2k@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

There is an old ASAP document on "Extracting Valuation from the R/3 Classification System into the BW". If you can't find it on Service Marketplace, let me know your email ID, I will have a look at my files to send it to you.

Thanks,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Thanks for your answer.

That document is for valuating suppliers in SRP.

My question is about classification in materials. In R3 they appear in MM03 in classification tab. There are the class, characteristic description and the values.

Thanks a lot for your help

Ignacio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

have you tried to build a DataSource in CTBW?

You can find this customising Transaction also in SBIW, there is also a good explanation on how to set things up.

Hope this helps,

regards

Frank

tom_francis2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

According to me the datasource should be: 1CL_0MAT001

kr,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I am trying to find out that data source but doesnt exist in my BC it seems... You got it implemented there? This sistem is BW 3.0B.

Thanks in advance!!

Ignacio

tom_francis2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can yo check in the datasources for material attributes? To be honest, I don't remember how we activated it.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

As Frank mentioned correctly, you will have to build the datasource using transaction CTBW. The ASAP guide I mentioned has instructions on "Extracting material classification from R/3 into BW". I am not sure whether I remember the exact title of this document as it's been a a while since I worked on it, if you can't find it, let me know I can email it to you.

You can also find some documentation on R/3 side, SPRO->Settings for Application-Specific DataSources->Cross-Application Components-->Maintain DataSources for Classification Data (CTBW)

Trust it helps,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sree,

could u pls send the doc. regarding material classification to my e-mail id nthsri@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

I looked into my database, and unfortunately I wasn't able to track the document in my database. It's been a long time since I looked into this database. However I found from my notes that OSS note: 306046 was very helpful. Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!! It works fine, didnt know about that.

Last doubt is what to do after. Now i´ve got it mapped to 0MATERIAL_ATTR but doenst make any propose to my classes. Should I add another infoobject to the 0MATERIAL?

Data comes as key figures, as I wanted but I dont know wich element should i activate...

Many thanks in advance!!

You can mail me to nachoolivera@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to also load material classification for 0material_att. I know how to get their and what to do, But the way that our source system is setup it has Characteristic's in multiple values in the material classification(mm03).

The transaction CTBW won't for some reason allow multiple values?? Has anyone had this before? If so is their any quick way around this?

Many Thanks

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree

Can you forward that document to me please? My email is anandnatarajr@gmail.com

Cheers

Anand

lil_sam
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'll be very pleased if you send me this document to guide me in my project. I'd like the main sap notes too.

may e-mail: lpsampaio@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Lil

Message was edited by: Lil Sam