Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transported ESR Obects Without Namespace Definition

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

In a recent transport to Target system, ESR objects are transported (file based) without Namespace & SWCV Definitions. SWCV is already in target, namespace is a new one.

After transport, all scenarios are working fine though the newly created namespace is not shown under the SWCV. What would be the possible implications on this? New interfaces are also working fine in target system.

Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

I did exactly Greg and Rajesh suggested - moved all objects with namespace definition to avoid misunderstandings in the future.

Conclusion: This is not going to fail any integration scenarios. Not to mislead and for sake of audits and standards, namespace and all objects should be visible across the systems.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

i think you already got enough info from Greg and Rajesh.

i have one question.   

You did not see the namespace in ESR when you had not transported the namespace to target.

But the interface was working fine.

Did you see the namespace in SXMB_Moni Pipe line steps?

Regards,

Muniyappan.

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me know any opinions or other views on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Objects do exist in your ESR but they are not visible ..so no complications during runtime..

but this can lead to unnecessary confusions so better is to create one more transport having namespace...or include this along with other objects which are to be transported..

HTH

Rajesh

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Try to do CPA cache refresh and re-transport the same objects.

Thanks

Naveen

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Your new interfaces are working correctly exactly the same way as the "Integration Directory only" scenario. As you probably know, you can develop e.g. a filemover scenario without ESR objects, in ID only, using dummy service interface names and so on, and this is probably how PI treats your scenario now. In operation, this shouldn't lead to any negative consequences, but in case of errors, it might be really difficult to analyze and debug if your ESR objects are not in Production system. All in all, I would suggest creating an additional transport to move the namespace definition and all related objects again, to make sure your config is complete in all systems.

Regards,

Greg