cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in SCOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Recently we have been bugged by a strange issue. In one of our system no mail is getting sent to any address/receipient from SAP.

The error says:

No delivery to ******@***.com, invalid recipient address

Message no. XS806

Diagnosis

The message was processed correctly in the SAP system. However, a subsequent system has rated the receiver address *******@***.com as invalid or unknown and not delivered the message to the receiver.

Information from external system

550 Sender not authorized, message refused

Procedure

Check the receiver address.

All the configurations are in place which includes:

1. SMICM port number and settings are in place.

2. SCOT settings like Mail Host, Default Domains, email IDs are all maintained correctly.

3. IP address of the server is maintained correctly at the Relay Agent of the Mail Host.

I have no clue, searched so many notes, read so many SDN posts, but to no avail. Kindly help me with your valuable comments in this matter.

Thanks,

Avishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable responses. I have figured out the resolution. The Problem was with the SENDER's email id specified in the system. We fixed that ID in accordance with our default domain and it worked fine.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

In few days, i have faced same issue [Message no. XS806].

Contact to Mail Server Administrator and allow Your SAP IP address to Mail server [company mail server].

Otherwise check your firewalls.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is with SMTP Server

ask your EMAIL administrator to add the IP address of your SAP server in white list.

or you may be sending email to public email domain i.e. Hotmail.com yahoo.com

try sending the email to your company domain first.

former_member215981
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

This message comes back from mailserver. Please contact the mail server

administrator to check why the mail server refuses this mail.

(This is not an SAP error)

Best Regards,

Yong Luo

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are confirming the SCOT configurations are correct, do as follows:

1. Take the same email address that it displays as error,

2. Send a test mail from your outlook (the mailserver where scot is connecting to).

3. Check, if the same error is coming,,  then it is problem with the domain of email address and not with SAP

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Raha,

u can send & check other mail adders  like gmail & yahoo ... after that u gat same issue check u  mail server admin .........

u r  using  own mail server or  third part mail server ....

by

vel

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raha,

As it is showing

"550 Sender not authorized, message refused "

it means your mailserver is not currently configured corretly please check mail server configuration

please check

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/1b872a46-b7d1-418d-8439-6e65a6c40d11/550-5...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1757543

BR

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if the SMTP server you have configured in SCOT requires authentication? It appears so because you get this error message: "550 Sender not authorized, message refused"

As far as I know, unless you use kernel 721 and the very latest SAP_BASIS 731 patch level, SAP cannot use a SMTP server that requires a user and a password to accept outgoing emails.

I hope this helps. Kind regards.

--

M