Did you mean: 

SUM 1.0 SP07, detection of SPAM version not working

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have a PI-system 7.00 SP18 with SPAM 7.00-47,

starting SUM Upgrade, the SUM Tool means to detect SPAM 7.00-46,

then we updated SPAM to 7.00-49,

starting SUM Upgrade again (restart) the SUM Tool is still meaning to detect SPAM 7.00-46

the SKIP-Option can not be used, because SUM means SPAM 7.00-46 is too low

and did not go on with SKIP-Option  -   but we are now on SPAM 7.00-49

the other Option "search for newer version of SPAM in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in" also did not work,

because an KD70049.SAR archive in the ..../trans/EPS/in   directory is not recognized !!???

what to do ?   (i opened a support ticket for this)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Ostrop,

as described in the customer ticket I want to explain it here in the thread in order to hava a chance to mark it a solved.

The 2nd screenshot in your post from Jun 26, 2013 12:38 PM shows 3 processes that should not be marked as instance relevant processes tracked by 'sapstartsrv'. The start profile entries for XDN are completely superfluous as XDN will be started by 'sapstart' automatically if missing.

The entries for 'sapccmsr' and 'sapccm4x' have to be switch from "Start_Program_nn" entries to "Execute_nn" entries. This changes the behaviour how they are launched by 'sapstart'. With the "Execute_nn" entries the programs will not longer tracked by 'sapstartsrv'.

Best regards,

René Lang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

As the message says:

“SPAM version 49 in your source system is sufficient for this procedure”

You need at least 46, and SUM detected 49, so you are good to go.

No need to update SPAM.

You can Skip SPAM update without problems.

Regarding the download directory detection, SUM uses a profile parameter to detect the download directory (DIR_EPS_ROOT)

Finally, the Manually Prepared directory do not uses XML to be executed, but it have several restrictions regarding what can be updated or not. Please check SAP note 1641062 - Single component update and patch scenarios in SUM

Hope this clarifies.

BR,

Rafael

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

o.k. - thank you for this answer,

maybe i was a little bit confused about starting SUM 3 or 4 time to come at the same point,

skip is o.k. for SPAM-version, but then immediately SUM stops and prompt this window,

so i assumed the stop was about SAP-version, but it was not.

Error is the next window

the XDNCONTROL ist running

and the SAPCCMS4X is running ,

the SAPCCMSR is not running

what is requested now? for me, it is not clear?

should all 3 services must be running? and 2 of 3 are not recognized that they are running,

or should all 3 services to be shut down and 2 of 3 are running -

what is the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Try this:

1. Stop the entire system

2. Stop the sapstartsrv service for all instances

sapcontrol -nr <INSTANCE_NUMBER> -function StopService

3. Make a backup of folder:

/sapmnt/<SID>/global/sapcontrol

4. Delete all files into the folder /sapmnt/<SID>/global/sapcontrol.

5. Delete the files:

/tmp/.sapstream5<INSTANCE>13

/tmp/.sapstream5<INSTANCE>13

6. Start the SAP again.

7. After the system finish the start up, check the following command:

sapcontrol -nr <INSTANCE> -function GetProcessList

Hope this will help you out.Let me know if you found any issue for this.

Thanks

Ajitabh

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this point it may be worth your time to open a message with SAP, short of ensuring that SUM hasn't continued to run in the back ground between "closing" it and relaunching it (only the launch the item that you closed); I know this is typical behavior for the sap_inst software and in Windows I have had to task kill all the processes sap_inst before it works correctly.

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajitabh,

first i want you to log the situation as it is (before later i will follow your proposed action)

we are on IBM-i (WRKACTJOB)       (SID=EXE)  with two instances 10 + 11

and a running XDNCONTROL

and a running SAPCCM4X

then i executed the processlist:

i already opened a support-ticket, but ....

to go on with SUM,

all agents should be shutdown first - right?

what about XDNCONTROL - also must be shutdown - or ?

Christoph

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUM will create its own EPS/in directory, so you may need to place the SAR file there.

However if you updated SPAM after generating your stack file for SUM, you either need to edit your stack file to tell SUM you updated SPAM/SAINT or you need to generate a new stack file in SolMan.  If you are on SolMan 7.1 and did not finish or withdraw the ticket you can navigate back to the step that just generates your stack file (Could be possible in 7.01, my 7.01 system wouldn't allow it).

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Billy Warring wrote:

SUM will create its own EPS/in directory, so you may need to place the SAR file there.

if so, where is "its own directory" located ?

and

why is shown in SUM-Tool, to want to search in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in ?

Billy Warring wrote:

However if you updated SPAM after generating your stack file for SUM, you either need to edit your stack file to tell SUM you updated SPAM/SAINT or you need to generate a new stack file in SolMan.  If you are on SolMan 7.1 and did not finish or withdraw the ticket you can navigate back to the step that just generates your stack file (Could be possible in 7.01, my 7.01 system wouldn't allow it).

the update from SPAM 7.00-45 to 7.00-47 was in December 2012,

the XML-Stack-file was generated with Solman MOPZ on June the 6-th. 2013.

and

No, i could not find something about SPAM version within the XML-stack-file,

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My apologies I believe I mixed SUM up with SolmanUP, with SUM you should be able to specify the directory with all of your support packs.

I came across this wiki:  http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SL/Manually+prepared+download+directory+option+from+Software+up...

As for SPAM, in your screenshot it looks like it was installed 24.06.2013 after your June 6th MOPZ generation.  But looking at your first screenshot again, it is showing 49 as the SPAM version being found on the target.  Do you have the latest service pack for SUM?  And have you also tried putting the .SAR file in your EPS/in directory to see if SUM will find that?