cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry about Inspection Plan with Project+Plant+Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My question is regarding QM & PS integration.

Inspection plan can be maintained with Plaint + Material (QP01), is it also possible to maintain it with the combination of Project + Plant + Material? In project based industry, different inspection plans need to be maintained for each projects(or customers) using ROH. Same ROH can have different specifications depending on relevant project.

If inspection plans can be maintained as mentioned above, is there a way to allocate accurate inspection plan when the inspection lot is created in case of material G/I inspection(inspection type=01)?

Requesting if this could be realized with SAP's standard functionality. If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks & Regards

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  There is no provision to assign an inspection plan based on projects.

What you might consider doing is assigning the multiple plans so that the system cannot automatically assign them.  Now you can go in via QA02 and manually pick the right plan. 

Or.. you can come up with a standard practice and insert a project identifier into the plan description and then use a user exit to pick the proper plan.

Look at the following user exits for this:

QPAP0001 Enhancement - plan reading                                 
QPAP0002 Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection   

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer.

I can see in QA03 there is a specific field of WBS element (in the tab "Data for AccAssignment") as well as Sales Order, cost center..., but when creating inspection lot in QA01 there is no such fields.

I'm wondering if inspection lot can be assigned with projects, and if so, what will happen to the project that has been assigned to an inspection lot.

Regards,

Danny

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see that in my screens but we don't use PS.  What inspection type are you creating in QA01.  I'm thinking that it might only come in via the order.  You can also look at the work centers.  That is typically where costs are collected for QM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see in the screenshot the field of WBS element in QA03. Inspection type is 01 - Goods Receipt Insp. for Purchase Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you make GR on Project Stock, the Account Assignment will be WBS. In that case, Inspection Lot will be created against that WBS.

But Inspection Plan is common across plant for that Material. Same Inspection Plan will be referred whenever you receive that material whether for Project 1 or Project 2. You can't make Inspection Plan according to project unless you make some difference in the Inspection Plan description & choose that specific Inspection plan in Inspection lot manually.

Answers (0)