cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tc~idm~jmx~app does not start automatically

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen this?  I have a lab environment which gets rebooted periodically.

Before reboot, I shut down the SAP Services via the MMC application. But when I start up again and restart the SAP services, the IDM UI will not come up until I manually start this service in NetWeaver Administrator.

I'm guessing it's something in NW, but I can't get the service to start automatically.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The java service is a lazy service and will not start with the system until you do a /idm after your http://hostname:port

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Billy! I will try that out.

Regards,

Matt

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not a problem, I discovered that due to having a VM workstation at work keep the page open for over 24 hrs or so and when I hit F5 (like I do with SolMan to refresh the page and get back in without having to re-auth) I received a web code error that the site couldn't be found.

After doing some looking at the services via NWA, I see a lazy process assigned to what I needed.  Tried to figure out how to change it, which eventually led me to finding out that if I just do a /idm it kicks off the service and everything works as expected.

From what I found, the lazy service method(s) is to allow the java side to startup faster by not having to load everything in the configuration....IMHO if its a dedicated java stack to IDM, I'm not sure how much faster it makes the startup process. 

Answers (0)