Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bpmon

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

To use BPMon functionality in Solman 7.1 is diagnostic agent necessary , we plan to use it for

IDOC Monitoring

qRFC monitoring

At below link it says we should install DAA :

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/06/18/new-key-figures-for-...

But in the doc it is not mentioned :

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000258142008E

Thanks

Shradha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shradha,

I see where you coming from , We have same setup as u talking about.

To answer your question, you don't need SMD agent or Host Agent for Monitoring your IDOC and

QRFC if you using BPMon as ur source of Monitoring, since BPmon uses the Plug in (ST-PI and ST-A/PI)to collect the information Via Read RFC.

So yes you can select the Cross Application or Interface Monitoring component as your Monitoring Objects with in Business Process Steps and Configure your setup for IDOC and QRFC.

Hope the information is helpful, if you want any more information please let me know.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

iDoc and qRFC monitoring are objects that can be monitored via Technical monitoring with the DAA/SMD/Diag agents, you may just be creating more work for yourself implementing BPmon. 

The second link is to Interface monitoring and is only possible after you have managed your systems within SolMan which requires an agent to be installed on the remote system.

What specifically are you trying to monitor on for iDocs & qRFCs?

shradhasampat
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Billy for replying !!

We have already completed first three steps till managed system configuration in solman_setup & for our satellite systems but without DAA installation on any of our systems because till now our satellite systems were getting monitored by ccms .

Currently we want to monitor delays & errors in IDOC & QRFC & which ccms monitors in restricted way so was thinking bpmon as an option only if SMD is not needed.

And I am not clear if if its necessary to SMD installed for bpmon as I see in the second link an option DIRECT-SELECT to avoid use of SMD.

Just want to be sure on above.

Thanks

Shradha

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I can tell you by looking at my system that you first have to manage a system as that is the only way the following is populated:

I will look through the iDoc and qRFC items under system monitoring and let you know if they have some that will do what you want; gotta head into the office, stay tuned!

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here are system monitoring metrics for iDocs and qRFCs at the Technical System level.  Also keep in mind that you can create custom metrics/alerts if the default SAP ones don't meet your needs; and you can also modify the SAP default ones by first making a copy of the template.