cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After trying everything, still getting "Business Server Page (BSP) error"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My system is PI 7.0. I need to go to RWB -> Alert Inbox, but I am keep getting error as

I tried things below and still getting the same error, I am just what else I can do?

1. Applied SAP Notes 1677095

2. Ran program BSP_ACTIVATE_LONG_APP for BSP_NAME as UWS_FORM_SERVICE, ALERTPERSONALIZE_RULES and ALERTSUBSCRIPTION to unlock them.

Really appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to maintin FQDN in exchange profile after that restart system,it worlks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja.

Do you know the answer for the question below:

If the system already have a general alert defined as below, do I still need to define a new one for my newly created interface?

Error during execution of message &SXMS_MSG_GUID& from interface &SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE& to interface &SXMS_TO_INTERFACE& from service &SXMS_FROM_SERVICE&

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi blue,

If the system already have a general alert defined as below, do I still need to define a new one for my newly created interface?

Error during execution of message &SXMS_MSG_GUID& from interface &SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE& to interface &SXMS_TO_INTERFACE& from service &SXMS_FROM_SERVICE&

if you are creating new alert category for new interface then yes.

i think this will be used in alert mail body or mail subject.

if you want to make use of old alert category by creating new alert rule then no need to create.

hope this helps you.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

What do you mean by "by creating new alert rule" in your statements "if you want to make use of old alert category by creating new alert rule then no need to create"?

1. Do you mean if I want to use an old alert category, then I still have to create a New Alert Rule?

2. If the email address I want to be notified is not in the Recipient list, and I will have to add it too, right?

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Do you mean if I want to use an old alert category, then I still have to create a New Alert Rule?

it depends.

For example you have alert category. and you have created alert rule for that.

in the condition you have mentioned only sender and receiver namespace.

newly created interface also comes under this namespace then no need to do anything.

if you have mentioned everything in the condition like sender component,interface,namespace,receiver component,interface,namespace(without mentioning '*') it means one alert rule for each interface.

in that case you have to created new alert rule.

If the email address I want to be notified is not in the Recipient list, and I will have to add it too, right?

correct.

but maintaining recipient list should be based on  Subscription Authorization which i feel better to use it.

in that case no need. you just have to assign role to user.

check below link

http://scn.sap.com/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/04/27/alert-management-and-categorization-...

i think you have to play around with alert to understand how to manage it for different interfaces.

let me know if you don't get it.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

Thank you for your explanations.

1. I am able to access Alert Configuration and Alert Inbox, I was assigned more roles to the system, still getting the same error, I was using Firefox before, I tried it on IE and it worked.

2.  I am just wondering Can I add the Email Address directly to the Fixed Recipients? Since I saw what existing in the current list are all User IDs. 

3. If the answer is Yes to question 2, I am just wondering how the system know my Alert Rule associated with that email address? since there are other recipients on the Fixed Recipients list too, or there are should be an User ID associated with the email address, If so, I will just add the User ID to the Fixed Recipients list, and then go to SU01, add the email address to that User, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would be greatly appreciated if any experts can help me on these questions:

1.  I am just wondering Can I add the Email Address directly to the Fixed Recipients? Since I saw what existing in the current list are all User IDs. 

2. If the answer is Yes to question 1, I am just wondering how the system know my Alert Rule associated with that email address? since there are other recipients on the Fixed Recipients list too, or there are should be an User ID associated with the email address, If so, I will just add the User ID to the Fixed Recipients list, and then go to SU01, add the email address to that User, right?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

1.  I am just wondering Can I add the Email Address directly to the Fixed Recipients? Since I saw what existing in the current list are all User IDs.

i am afraid you can not add email address directly to the Fixed Recipients.

First you have to create user in su01. assign email id to this user. then you can select this user in the fixed recipient list.

2. If the answer is Yes to question 1, I am just wondering how the system know my Alert Rule associated with that email address?

you go to Runtime work bench. alert category and you will select the existing alert category which is created in ALRTCATDEF. then we create new alert rule.

say you have created alert category called "A". now you will create alert rule called  "a" in the RuntimeWorkbench by selecting alert Category "A".

here alert category and rule are associated. when error occur at runtime based on the condition in the alert rule will created alert. the recipients,email body all will be determined by your associated alert category.

this is how alert rule knows how to send mail to list of fixed recipients. correct me if i am wrong.

I will just add the User ID to the Fixed Recipients list, and then go to SU01, add the email address to that User, right?

correct.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyapppan,

I really appreciate your patience with me here. I am getting a pretty clear picture in my head now except:

I am just wondering for the email recipients, since I only have ONE Fixed Recipients list, some of the users on the list I don't want to send email alert to them, but based on the configuration we have here, they will get the email alert anyway, right?

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

since I only have ONE Fixed Recipients list, some of the users on the list I don't want to send email alert to them, but based on the configuration we have here, they will get the email alert anyway, right?

yes.

if you don't want to send them you can remove their user id from the fixed recipient list.

or if you have used distribution list then you can remove their id's from the list. they won't get it.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

Thank you sooo much for all your replies. It helped me understand how Email Alert works in PI which is very important to me.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

you are welcome.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Blue,

Can you please check the system traces available in the below lcoation

D:\usr\sap\<system id>\<instance number>\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

check the latest trace from here, open the file and search for "Error" ..

By reading the error , you may find the exact solution to solve..

Because your query has many kinds of issues...To know exact issue please follow above procedure.

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan and Stish,

I asked my colleague tried with the Admin user, seems he can access Alert Inbox no problem. So looks like my user has a access limitation which I sent a request to ask for it

I am just wondering if the system already have a general alert defined as below, do I still need to define a new one for my newly created interface?

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi blue,

Did you give correct Fully Qualified Domain name in the profile parameter icm/host_name_full?

if not give correct FQDN. below wiki can help you.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BSP/Fully+Qualified+Domain+Name+(FQDN)

make sure you have maintained FQDN for below exchange profile properties also.

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.mshost

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.name

com.sap.aii.rwb.server.centralmonitoring.r3.ashost

check above mentioned. if you did not maintain do the correction once all done restart the server.

then try to open alert inbox.

you can also check the note 750287.

you can take help from basis team for these changes.

Regards,

Muniyappan.