cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody

CTM is generating SNP requisitions (Distribution Demand Planned KF on Plant) starting on a Sunday available on Monday. We use a 5 day calendar where Sunday is  Holiday. Please suggest.

Regards

Rachel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel

You need to do two things.

1. Maintain shipping and receiving calendars at both locations

2. CTM will ignore these calendars unless you populate both the goods receipt and goods issue processing times in both locations with at least 1 day. The good-receipt is maintained in R/3 and updates APO via the CIF. The good issue time has to be maintained directly in APO. I agree that that being forced to do this may seem mad but this is how it works.

Best wishes

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris

what i know is with out GI/GR Shipping Calendar will be ignored, it goes looking for Transportation Calendar...if that is not maintained then it will assume a 24/7 availability as long as we have a valid tlane..can we try this with Factory Calendar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

In CTM, you will have to use the shipping calendar and GI/GR time to make sure that it doesn't plan supply on non-working days.

Unlike ECC, in APO material you can set the GI/GR time to as low as 0.01 days which is less than 15 mins and shouldn't impact planning.

You can run a MASS job to set the GI/GR time in APO since you won't be able to enter 0.01 days in ECC..

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mitesh

I think it depends on whether the OP is using bucket or time-continuous planning. For us, using daily bucket planning, 1 day is the minimum for GR and GI processing.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris- we are doing Bucket oriented Planning in CTM. I agree with Mitesh.

However is there any other alternative than maintaining GI/GR time as 0.01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel

No, I don't think there is an alternative but to use GI/GR times. We certainly didn't really want to use GI time at all, and GR time not much, so this was very inconvenient for us. I had a SAPNote that explained that it was necessary for these times to be maintained for the calendars to work but I cannot find it now. I took a lot of convincing by a SAP consultant that it was really necessary!

It's a long time ago now but I think we discovered that when we used GI times of less than one day (with a daily bucket size), it was rounded up to a day by the planning. The GR time in SCM comes from the GR Processing Time in the material master in ECC6, where is is maintained in days anyway.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel

The SAPNote is 855229. FAQ's for CTM. The relevant passage is:

Question:

Why stock transfer orders are created during shipping calendar's non working days?

Answer:

In order to consider the shipping calendar of the issuing plant of a stock transport purchase order, a goods issue time in the product view has to be maintained. The same behaviour applies for the receiving calendar and the GR time. See note 619478.

Regards

Chris

Answers (0)