Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order inventory

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can you confirm the schedule line logic .

I have a quote for 10qty and  created sales order for 10 qty  with reference to Quote. Here how system will consider the material requirement .

Which is the control for not duplicating the inventory requirement. I mean system should show only 10 qty requirement  not for 20QTY.

I need to take the schedule line from quote not from sales order, whatever the quote schedule line should move to SO , and SO should not do for again

Ishikesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishikesh,

Quotation is to give a fare Idea of the material with pricing and a date commitment but still we do not go till MRP transfer. If you are creating Order with reference to the Quotation within the specified dates then system would  convert your Quote to an Order when we have the Schedule lines transferred and with standard SAP it would only consider 10 QTY.Please have have look at your copy control settings for Order to Order if you get different results.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishikesh,

Your idea of having the material requirement done at quotation level and not at Sales Order would not help you and it is also logically INCORRECT. Let me explain you :

During the quotation stage you might not be sure enough that whether this case would turn in favour to you or not. Thats where SAP standard has desinged that way - Though you will be able to run the Availability Check at quotation level, the material requirement would be passed only at Sales Order level. Howver, to know the actual position of stock during the time of Sales Orderr entry we will be having one more Availaility Check run in the system as per standard.

Please let me know for any further clarification.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System should check the requirement at sales order level not in Quotation level.

Schedule line from quotation will copy to sales order and it ll do the ATP check again and pass the requirement to MRP.

if it happens that system  pass the requirement for quotation also then check the schedule line category and uncheck the  Requirement/Assemble check box. and setting check for order schedule line only.

hope it will help you.

Regards

Pitabash