cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI - Parameter Passing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all, I went though several documents and notes; but I can't find a solution.

I have a WebI report (Attached) with zone, region, branch, no of sanctioned applications, rejected, pending (6 columns). My requirement is that, when I click on the branch I have to pass the branch as a filter to a second WebI report (which is to be opened by the click)and show the details of the branch. I use branch as a prompt for the second report.

My hyperlink is

http://servername:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=148617&sType=wid&sRefresh=Y&...])

where Branch is selected as object in Hyperlinks menu.

There is no alphabetical or spelling mistake; my object is 'Branch'.

When I open my second report directly, prompt appears for Branch.

When I open second report thru first report it won't ask any prompt. But then second report shows all branches' data.

When I try to open second report thru Bi launch pad the address of second report comes as

http://servername:8080/BOE/portal/1209262158/AnalyticalReporting/WebiView.do?bypassLatestInstance=tr...

service=/InfoView/common/appService.do&loc=en&pvl=en_US&actId=4050&objIds=148617&containerId=148053&...

lsSBranch=name_of_Branch_clicked&bttoken=null&pref=maxOpageU%3D50%3BmaxOpageUt%3D200%3BmaxOpageC%3D1...

But it shows all branches' data thru BI launch pad.

When I try to open second report thru Rich Client the address of second report comes as

http://servername:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=148617&sType=wid&sRefresh=Y&...name_of_Branch_clicked

But it does not open thru rich client.

The name_of_Branch_clicked is correct in both the address.

BO Version: SP 4 14.0.4.738

Please help me…

Thanks

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Make sure you use only "Refresh On Open" option and pass "Branch" prompt as below through variable or as base object while creating hyperlink for your requirement as the other options are related to using complete URL instead of relative URL and connecting to instances of report or report parts.

Based on URL generated through launchpad, it looks like you are using instance related option as well.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik

I am unable to find such a screen in my version. I think you are using some advanced version than that of mine.

I found the beolow screen from document properties

Please go thru my reply to Victor to find the other screen shots.

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Try and create the hyperlink using Design mode through Web Viewer that gives the screens that I have posted, that way it does avoid manual way of doing it and its much easier to navigate and select the documents to create hyperlinks.

Let us know if you still have issues after trying the above.

Thanks

Mallik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot Mallik, Victor, Suresh Babu.

Again Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Is it possible to pass the parameters to BI report variable screen from WEBI?

Cheers,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I think there is some problem while passing Branch data from base report to target report. So try below.

In Preferences-> for WebI -> change to Interactive mode then you will be able to see what mallik shown to you.

1. In Base report: Select branch -> right click-> Select Hyperlink -> then a windows opens

i.  Name

-> Browse to select the name of target report

ii.In Hyperlink properties

-> select refresh on open

iii.Document Prompts

-> select the branch object formula of base report in this prompt so that when the target report is called this branch value(s) are passed from Base to Target report.

2. In Target report the branch should have a prompt created and it is optional and this prompt is called while defining hyperlink in base report along with other prompts of target report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create the URL with the hyperlink wizard?

How did you create the prompt in the target report? Do you have a screenshot? What is your datasource?

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

I used the right click option on the column to go to Linking>Add Hyperlink.

I am using Universe as data source.

Prompt-Target Report

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I believe that you are creating the Link manually, that is not a good practice. Check the following KBA to create an OpenDocument Link with the hyperlink wizard (that is Mallik's screenshot) :

1807312 - How to generate the OpenDocument URL in order to access a Webi document?

Best regards,

Victor