cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisite required for Learning APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am from ABAP background , can any one please let me know that if i want to learn APO then what should be my first approach towards learning this functional technology.I want to know the prerequisite required for learning APO

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Abhai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhai,

Functional knowledge is not "technology" - it comes either through business experience (working in Sales, Purchasing, Production functions in an organisation) and/or through academic experience. Many of the SAP Functional consultants have a prior business or strong academic background in Production Planning, Inventory Management etc. Also many have undergone APICS certifications like CPIM which gives you a very thorough functional understanding.

As an ABAPer you must have come across APO functionalities which can be a starting point for digging in deeper. While it would be a total shift to move from ABAP (technical) to functional - I think it would be better to explore the new dimensions in the technical domain that are coming up in SAP.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

How are you?

Currently I am working on sap testing - SD, MM, CRM modules. I would like to move functional side. I am confusion whether I will be moving to CRM or APO. Can you please suggest me which one best for me. If I will move to APO what is basics to learn APO.

APO is suitable for me. Please advise me on this.

Thanks,

Jogendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Abhai,

If you want to learn DP, its learning DP and BW. For SNP, PP/DS and TPVS, you need to first get a good idea on material master (MM01) and then to be strong in PP concepts. Knowing ABAP does help you but it really depends on what you want to get into. Take some time to read

There is a lot to dig in

Hope this helps.