cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management on the base on payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client requirement in credit management ..

Customer-XYZ

Credit limit - 1000/-

payment terms :- 3 days

created sales order Amount 500/- on 20.06.2013 after that commercial invoice but payment is not receive yet and payment terms is 3 days

which is over on 23.06.2013..requirement is ,if payment is not receive within payment terns days (3 days) then next sales order which

he create on 24.06.2013 should be block.Is this possible in standard SAP.

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank a lots for helpful reply and this development is done ..I used User exit LVKMPFZ2 and call function CUSTOMER_OPEN_ITEMS.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

Could You please share the logic that have used Function CUSTOMER_OPEN_ITEMS.

and clarify configuration setting.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Use oldest open item in ova8  and maintain days oldest item as 3 days , it will fulfill your requirement.

Thanks,

samba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have more then 1000 customer and payment terms are not same for all customer .

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Varun,

yes but even then I dont think we can block a customer based on payment terms but instead we can fullfil the same requirement using automatic credit check where you can find oldest open item if you mention 3 days i will be find or else you have to go for development to fulfill the same.

Thanks,

samba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone provide me the logic for enhancement (User exit)

1. how i block the customer if payment is due base on payment terms.

2.Logic how system find out in order that open items is there for customer.

Please suggest me logic with user exit.

Regards

Varun

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried by checking payer field in OVA8.

This is an additional check to "oldest open items" field in OVA8 which will ensure that specific payer's payment is over due then only system block the document.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinu,

My requirement is not fulfill in standard OVA8...if you read my treat carefully ( already mentioned that i have more then 1000 customer and more then 10 payment terms)

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun

You can use the following standard function. Go tcode: OVA8 and choose the combination that belong to sales order between credit control area, Risk Cat. and credit group then do the following check:

Regards,

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

But it will work only fixed payment terms but suppose if u have more payment terms then it .

Regards

Varun

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

It will definitely work for all the Payment Terns & the additional days that you can enter in Sales doucment.

Further request you to try the above suggestion in your Development server & then come with specific questions.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Definitely this will work on all payment terms, moreover you can add some tolerance in days in field:

NoDays OpenI

Thank$

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But my requirement is :-

Cust :- XYZ

Credit Limit :- 1000/-

Payment trems :- 3 days

If i check on open items in OVA8 its will block all open items

My requirement ( payment terms 3 days)

Date               SO      Value         Open item value        Clear amt              status

20.06.2013        1        500/-          500/-                         0                      Release

21.06.2013         2       300/-          800/-                          0                     Release

25.06.2013         3       150/-          950/-                          0                     Block ( Coz payment terms is 3 days which is finish on 24.06.2013 )

Regards

Varun

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

This is very much possible with SAP Standard Credit Management settings.

Go to T-Code OVA8 & select the combination of your Credit Control Area + Risk Category + Credit Group.

Here do the following settings:

1. Under Checks, put a Tick mark in Oldest Open Item check box

2. Mention C in Reaction Box against Oldest Open Item

3. Put Tick Mark in Status/Block Check box against Oldest Open Item

4. Maintain 0 in Days oldest Item.

The above setting will ensure that system will not allow to create Sales order for a Customer who has not paid for a Invoice for which payment is overdue. It will block the creation of Sales Orders even it the Credit Limit is available.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I suggest, In T-code OVA8 you can use the "Critical Fields" for your requirement because Payment terms is also a critical field. So you can use this field.

Thank You

MT

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

I assume you require a check based on both credit limit and payment terms.

If the payment term is uniform for all customer codes, then you may select OLDEST OPEN ITEM with 3 days in OVA8 and also select DYNAMIC.

Else, this has to be via exit.

If you are going via exit, then keep the OLDEST OPEN ITEM checked in OVA8 and maintain 1 day.

Also selecte DYNAMIC(so that credit check based on limit is active)

When you create order for the customer who is having an open billing document which is due for more than 1 day, system will give the credit check . Ask your abaper to write a code just before this error due to oldest open item.

Logic should be to check all the open billing documents for this customer. If any of the open billing document is due, then system has to give the error message due to oldest open item.

If there are no open billing documents for this customer which is due, then system has to bypass the error message due to oldest open item.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles