Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO 7.31 - receiver mail adapter configuration

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

I configured a receiver e-mail adapter using XIPAYLOAD.

Within the communication channel monitoring, all looks good:

When I go into detail, I see this:

But no e-mail in my inbox. What do I miss here?

Kind regards

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Can you please check the

1.In receiver  Comm Channel the mail URL ( Eg:imap://pmXXXX.wdf.sap.corp/inbox)

2.user and password is working or not means can you able to login to mail box with credentials.

Thanks,

Satish

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satish,

The URL in the adapter is correct. If I change it, I get an error saying the mail server cannot be reached.

I stated this in the adapter: smtp://<host>:<port>. And that should be correct because I do not receive any error, like you see in my initial post.

On server level (java system properties), I entered all SMTP specifics and on adapter level, I use a specific port in the URL allowing access without credentials.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I perform other tests, I face this error:

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint  [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'statusline'

During some other tests, I see a similar error, butin the 'respline' context.

Using the IMAP4 transport protocol, I see this error: unexpected greeting response; read 220 Advanced Direct Remailer ESMTP is Ready

Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Funny stuff... I have the same problem testing an e-mail scenario. Did you found the cause of the problem?

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

I indeed found the problem...

We use systems in the cloud. That was problem number 1: reach the mail server.

Second part was pushing mails through it. Due to configuration on that mail server, I had to use a specific sender e-mail address in my receiver mail adapter. Otherwise the mail server didn't know what to do with that e-mail and nothing was sent to the e-mail receiver

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I'm testing using Yahoo Web mail, this probably means that I should better start checking my firewalls 🙂

Thanks for responding, have a nice day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actual reason found. In my case, webmail provider (Yahoo) seems to work only with SSL, so a substitution of "smtp://" with "smtps://" did the job. In any way, messages from the adapter, very misleading in this case. Thanks again!