cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order-related billing of the delivery quantity with PGI and PGR together

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one query regarding one of mine requirement. In standard SAP scenario, the return scenario is created as., Sale Order--> Delivery(PGI)--> Invoice --> Return Order--> Return Delivery(PGR)-->Return Invoice

My requirement is to create Both sale and return at one go. Lets take an example, In Company A there are spare materials which going under sale and return at frequent time. User need to create invoice and need to create return invoice with reference to invoice. This is extra process and need to avoid that. User of Company A want to create sale and return in one process/invoice only. We need to create delivery for stock, but invoice should be on reference to sale order.

Here, as per my knowledge we can do following setting.,

1. Create two item category i.e. one for salable material and one with return material. Both item category will be pricing relevant. So that in sale order i will get total sales net value. As Salable value- Return Value.

2. Also i maintained Billing Relevance as "G-Order-related billing of the delivery quantity". (Need clarification from you, if i am using proper Billing Relevance or not. As in my scenario flow will be., Sale order--> Delivery -->Invoice(With reference to Sale Order).

3. Copy control maintained for Order to Delivery, Delivery to Invoice and also Order to Invoice. Billing Quantity maintained as "F".

4. Create two schedule line with movement type as 601 for salable and 653 for return. This case is successful as i am getting calculated stock in unrestricted.

I am not able to create Invoice with reference to sale order after all configuration. Getting error as "The item is not relevant for billing". Message No. VF-044.

Queries-->

1. Why billing is not creating if i am using Billing Relevance as "G" and maintained all copy control.?

2. Do scenario of PGI and PGR together is a standard SAP Practice?

One more requirement is that., i have two billing document as "Credit Note" and "Debit Note". Based on sales value system should fetch billing type. (In standard SAP way is it possible?)

Please provide your valuable thoughts on this.

Regards.,

Rahul Walanj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi,
I am not sure on your requirement, basically why you want to create the return order at the time of sales only
This is still confusing
however Billing quantity F is used for third party so
Copy control maintained for Order to Delivery, Delivery to Invoice and also Order to Invoice. Billing Quantity maintained as "F".
could you please try to put the Billing quantity to C instead of F and try
One more requirement is that., i have two billing document as "Credit Note" and "Debit Note". Based on sales value system should fetch billing type. (In standard SAP way is it possible?)
you can use the standard Invoice correction request - RK
in which if the Order quantity is -ve then credit memo request will be created
If the quantity is +ve then debit memo request will be created
Try with RK document and revert if you need any details
regards,
santosh
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vemuri,

I changes Billing quantity to C, but it was only taking line item of salable material. I used Copying routine as "034" in Order to Billing. This helped me and now i am able to create invoice.

Invoice correction request is always create credit memo. I will try to create debit memo from RK order type.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Firstly as pointed by other, Billign Relevance G is for Third Party Sales where system checks for Invoice quantity in statistical MIGO.

Coming to your requirement - "We need to create delivery for stock, but invoice should be on reference to sale order" is not clear. I mean this is what happens in SAP normally. when we create Invoice with reference to Delivery, the quantity is taken from Delivery & pricing & other details like payment terms are taken from Sales Order.

Also regarding you requirement of creating both Invoice & Returns Order at same time is not possible in SAP Standard & it is also against basic principles of accounting.

The normal cycle is to create Returns Order with refernce to original Invoice or Sales Order.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the billing relevance in item category as B:-

B: Relevant for order-related billing

Billing is based on the sales document. The billing status depends on the requested delivery quantity.

In Copy control from Order to billing  item level put the billing quantity as order related billing . because we can use

Hope this will help you to rectify your issue.

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pitabash,

Yes, i am using B as Billing relevance in item category and Billing quantity as "C" with copying routing as 304.