cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard a way to create a custom table in WIP database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on SAP ME SDK 6.0 . I would like to create a custom table in the WIP Database. I know how to create a table using SQL Server Mangement Studio or Oracle Developer. Is there any standard way of creating the database scripts other than this. If yes please provide me some documents.

Regards,

Eshwar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Eshwar,

I am not aware of some standard  ME/SDK function to generate those scripts, so would answer no. I do not see any problem in creating tables via SQL Server Mangement Studio or Oracle Developer.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

Thanks for the reply,

So far I am using SQL Server Mangement Studio or Oracle Developer.

I have found less information about Database project in SDK Implementation Guide. Can we create Tables, Views, Procedures, Sequesnces in this Database script file. If yes, what is the difference between writting the DB scripts in Oracle Developer and Database.

Regards, Eshwar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwar,

im working with sdk 5.2.x and i didnt find a way to create db-tables in a standard-way. U still can create it on an unsupported way. It should look like the following lines in your Java-code :

SystemBase systemBase = SystemBase.createDefaultSystemBase();
DynamicQuery dynaQuery = DynamicQueryFactory.newInstance();
String query ="CREATE SQL-Statement";

dynaQuery.append(query);

int succeed = systemBase.executeUpdate(dynaQuery);

if (succeed > 0) {

//success

}

In this way u can create Tables, and do other crazy stuff on WIP-Tables. But please remember thats not the supported way, and u have to keep an eye on this all the time.

Maybe it doesnt work in SDK 6.0, please give response of this.

Regards, Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for the reply.

In ME 6.0 I am uisng the above way to interact with the WIP DB by firing insert and update queries. Anyway I feel that using SQL Server Management Studio or Oracle Developer is the better way.

Regards, Eshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing issues with below code to get connect to WIP DB. As per my understanding below code picks the DB details form /build/custom.properties file. need your inputs fix this issue and make connection to WIP DB

SystemBase systemBase = SystemBase.createDefaultSystemBase();
DynamicQuery dynaQuery = DynamicQueryFactory.newInstance();
String query ="CREATE SQL-Statement";

dynaQuery.append(query);

int succeed = systemBase.executeUpdate(dynaQuery);

if (succeed > 0) {

//success

}

Thanks in advance,

Eshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwar,

Although you can directly create a table in WIP  using SQL Server Management Studio or Oracle Developer but in future you will have to take care of these tables when you perform upgrade / migration.

In 6.1 its far more easy as the SCA generated using the SDK includes both client and database scripts. It provides you with  DC for Database  and Client Scripts where you can directly push your DB Scripts.

Best Regards,

Harshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eshwar,

If i'm right, you can go ahead creating a table of your requirement in the SQL DB and use it for your customizations. I havent encountered any problems regarding it till now.

Thanks

Anudeep KM