cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendor capacity from external system mapping with snp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have the following business case with vendor capacity and i will be very grateful if somebody can give me some ideas:

We have one supplier system (non SAP system) where the supplier can put they production capacity per material (they can have more as one) for the next 9/12 months.

From there i want to take the supplier maximal weekly production capacity for every bottleneck material and export this data in SAP SNP.

The scope is that i want to plan this capacity as constraints in one CTM- or Optimizer - Run, to see if we have some bottlenecks from supplier materials in our SNP-plan.

Can you people tell me if is this possible and how can I do the mapping?

I have the idea to take this capacity as ressource in vendor location in SNP, so i can use this as constraint in the planning run.

The problem is i can have more than one material from the same supplier. I can't understaind how can i do the mapping between product, material and ressource.

Thenks in advance!

Elena Angelova

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

If it was helpful for you please validate the right answers. So, the others consultant can benefit!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

First I think that you need to prepare your APO system for simulation. You can do this by copy of your 000 active model.

In this copy you have to create your vendor location with materials, work centers, PDS or PPM (all this master data have to reflect the vendor capacity). Once master data maintained for the vendor you have to integrate it with your network. 

So, when you will run CTM or Optimizer at your network level you will be able to plan the vendor capacity too.

This is a lot of work!

Hope that can help you.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

Here i am pasting you a link .Check this may this will be helpful.

http://scn.sap.com/community/scm/apo/demand-and-supply-network-planning/blog/2013/09/26/mapping-subc...

Regards,

Nitish Panchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish/Elena,

We are the distributors of products and do not do any in-house production activity on the products we sell. We want to send the PReq to our vendors who supply the finished products based on the vendor capacity. Vendors have a certain capacity to produce a group of products and we do not want to send leveled PReqs to them not exceeding their capacity.

Can we use the above approach to model this in SNP and how?

We are thinking of creating dummy resource in SNP at our plant location with capacity as vendor capacity and PPM created locally in SNP and assigned to products.

We can use capacity leveling to level the SNP planned orders. But the challenge is how do we use these leveled SNP planned orders to CIF to ECC and use as Preq to vendor?

Can you please comment on this approach and your valuable suggestions on how to approach this.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SNP:-

1) Heuristics - If you are usin the scheduling agreements with the vendores check for the option ' Location Product: SA Capacity 'in /n/sapapo/snp01. Simple solution where in you can enter the capacity of vendor in SNP planning book and the system will generate the purchase req. as per the capacity

2) The other way is create the demmy resource at the vendor location in APO and do the leveling there.

2) Also if you use the above scenario with CTM everything can be automatic, means no manual leveling required. CTM can create the Pur. req- as per the capacity available.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil for the suggestions. We are using SNP Heuristics and hence needs this to work with Heuristics

1. We are not using Scheduling Agreements. We tried mapping it with simple Purchasing Info Records but were unsuccessful. The order type created by 9ASA considering vendor capacity is of type scheduling agreements and we were not able to change that.

2. The business requirement is to level the Preq going from Plant location to vendor. If we create a dummy resource at vendor location, we will have to run Heuristic at Vendor location which will create Planned orders at vendor location for the Preqs and capacity leveling will happen on these planned orders at vendor location whereas we want the Preqs to be leveled.

We thought of creating dummy resource at our plant location having the capacity of the vendor maintained and PPMs and then creating planned orders at our plant and leveling them. Once, we have these planned orders at our plant location we thought of ciffing them back and converting them to PReqs using MD15. We were not able to test them but I am not sure it will work What do you think?

3. CTM is ruled out as we are having Heuristics.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For constraint planning in SNP, please look for new tool from SAP IBP for supply. With this new tool i heard that they have put this scenario in.

Regards,

Anil

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

PPM or PDS is the master data ,provide the mapping between material and resource.

BR

Thamizh

0 Kudos

Elena,

I am not replying to the question, however checking is you had any answer to the situation?

Appreciate if any feedback