cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bash: ./setp.sh: No such file or directory error during HANA installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install SAP HANA 1.0 SP5 on SUSE Linux.

I have created the necessary folders and edited the model file accordingly.

1. However, when I try to run the installation, I get the error

bash: ./setp.sh: No such file or directory

2. I also tried to go to the directory where I have the setup.sh file and start the installation, it comes back with the error - process not started from DVD..... I have that message updated here - http://scn.sap.com/thread/2131772

3. I also tried to run it from the installation master directory, without using the -d option and I still got the error - process not started from DVD.

Please find attached the command line errors for 1, 2 and 3 and the path where the installation files are.

Please I need help to fix this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The issue is caused because there is no LABEL.ASC file existing in the DVD directory.

Try getting the latest Unified installer and trying. If you still run into the same issue with latest unified installer, you have two possible methods -

1. File a message with sapsupport or

2. comment out the 3 lines you see in the above screen shot and try again

you need to comment out the lines from the setup.sh script. You can make a backup of the script if you like. making a dummy LABEL.ASC file didn't seem to get past the error, but you can give that a shot if you like as well.

Cheers,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharan,

When I commented the lines as adviced, it gave me the error - Provide a model file.

Any other suggestion please?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Your error indicates that you did not create/specify the model file required for your installation.

The 3 lines of code I asked you to comment out only bypasses the check for the LABEL.ASC file, all other checks will still occur.

Please make a copy of the setuphana.slmodel.template, edit the copied file according to your hana configuration needs and then call the setup.sh again. Please take a look at Atul Jain's response above on how to call the setup.sh script. You must also be root user when you execute this script.

For further reference you can refer to the unified installer guide. Please refer to section 2.2 starting from page 22. Also take a look at section 2.1.1.1 Preparing the installer configuration file starting on page 14.

Cheers,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Problem solved. The issue was with my model file actually. I specified sapmt instead of sapmnt.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's your OS version? Make sure you install Hana DB on Suse Linux 11, at least SP1.

Download the unifiied installer in SMP -> Installation and upgrade -> HANA in memory

Extract the .SAR file and navigate to 51*-> HANA_IM_UNIX_X*

run ./setup.sh WORKING_DIR Template-DIR

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

As seen in the attached:

---- my OS Version is SUSE Linux 11 SP2 for SAP Application.

----- I ran the command from the path: 51046016\DATA_UNITS\HANA_IM_LINUX__X86_64

Any more ideas please?

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please check any log generated in /tmp or /var/tmp?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas

There is no log at all in those directories.

Thank

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please use as

./setup.sh -d <MEDIUM_LOCATION> <WORKING_DIRECTORY> <MODEL_FILE>

where <MEDIUM_LOCATION> is the path to the installation medium,

<WORKING_DIRECTORY>is the path to the directory to which the

installer is to be unpacked, and <MODEL_FILE> is the path to the

installer configuration file.

check SAP Note No. 1658322 for more info.

BR

atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I suppose this is exactly what I have done. Please see attached images if I am wrong in anyway.

Thanks