cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing of table in Web Dynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using WDP Table View, in which i have, suppose 20 column all are text views and Wrapping activated . I have set scrollableColCount by 8. Now my all 8 Column having Date as input. After scrolling my column have some big text. So what happening now, Height of table is getting increased. So is there any way to set the table height uniform without any data loss(means all data should be visible clearly.)

Initial Case. Before Scrolling.

After Scrolling..

So Can we make a standard Height.

Ty.

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table field nature can be controlled by defining columns by - Header & Property at Binding option. See if this helps changing TextView to InputField. Also select Property as readonly or value etc based on how you want the column...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think no solution. 

kutjohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Check the type of the column pointed in the picture.The problem is because of this column I guess.And can you tell what is the type of this particular column?

and also make the table property fixed table layout as checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

i already mentioned all are the column with the text box and wrapping is activated. So in initial columns data are Dates but in column mentioned by you, is some text. Like (development start etc etc..)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You can achieve this by 2 ways:

Method 1:

Insert a ScrollContainer in your view & place your table control in it. So when the table is being filled, it would only use the width set to the scroll container.

Method 2:

You can use the Width property of the table. Set the width of the table and enable "fixedTableLayout" property of the table, so that the table width can not be changed after filling the data into the table.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

Thanks for Reply but it won't work.

I don't want to set the width for any column because i want wrapping in my text views. I want to set a Standard Height.

sergiu_popa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I'm sorry, but none of your methods would work.

1. Scroll Container is deprecated/obsolete and should not be used. See online help.
  2. As long as Wrapping is active, even if you have a fixedTableLayout, the table has to be able to display the content it's supposed to display. Because of that it will take out the necessary space, thus the height is increased.

I had the same issue in my development and I wasn't able to find a solution, yet. What you could do is: deactivate the wrapping in the text view and have elements displayed as "2014-Q3...". In this case, on mouse over, a tool-tip will appear with the complete info "2014-Q3 ABCD".

Best regards,

Sergiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiu,

Thanks for your suggestion. But this not going to help to show data in tool tip. As client want everything should be visible in single shot.

BR

Chandra