cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a search area for sections in SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app for iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Can someone help me to get a solution for my need please ?

My need is that when I create sections in a webi reports, it is difficult to find the right section to select it in the side panel "Sections" on the iPad app SAP BusinessObjects Mobile.

So, I need a search area, as can be found in the filters selection area (See attached image), to look for a value among all the values of the sections.

This area of research could also be applied to all the values of all sections when there are nested sections for example.

This trend could simplify and accelerate the navigation in the report.

If someone have an alternative solution/idea...I'm interested

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larbi,

As you may be aware, search in sections is not an existing feature until the current version of  Mobile app (4.4.28).

I have voted for your idea at Idea place on the same. Hope others would promote the same.

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=EBEB9154-A4A0-4596-8211-B0F717BB36DA&idea_id=FE2CF394-...

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

larbi,

As a temporary alternative, you can try providing Prompts with cascading or nested list of values/input controls as well on the fields that are used in sections and ask users to filter data they want to focus through prompts/input controls and then navigate through limited number of sections, instead of dealing with huge number of sections in whole data.

Thanks

Mallik

former_member249672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem like Larbi,

I just created the prompt filter  in my querie "Countrie" for example, so, that is my link

="iDocID=ATF23jUQW19Fr8usIeUr7xE&sIDType&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Details&sRefresh=Y&sReportPart=Bloc&lsMCountry="+[Société - Pays (Texte)]

In my report name "Details" i've created the section by countrie and my bloc report is a graphs by countrie.

When i click in a countrie in the ipad, he didn't parse !, how can i do to get the right cuntrie in my section in webi repaert Details ?