cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible external number range for Manual inspection lots, I am sending to samples for customer I want to track number as a inspection lot number can any body guide me if it is possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No can do.

Options:

Create a batch number that represents the sample number.

Configure and utilize physical samples for this process.  Here I believe you'll be able to create a physical sample using an external number.  Then you can create a lot for the physical sample.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for advise Fire Fighter

Physical sample also we tried but most of characteristics data type is CHAR and we don't know what is the values we will enter it means we cannot create catalog and selected sets Example  courier name and buyer reference it will change to day to day. that's why we suggested class characteristics without values.

this is working fine but only thing is they want to track no as a inspection lot number.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if this helps or not but you can create your characteristics as required when you assign them to the class, then in config set classification as "foreground for required characteristics only".  When the material is receipted, a window should pop up that allows the person doing the GR to enter in the values at that time for those required characteristics.

Creation of these, as well as changes, will be shown in the classification change documents.

That may or may not help your process.

The other alternative is setting up the MIC as a general PASS/FAIL value and recording the additional info as inspection text on the results recording.

I don't know your business but in the examples you gave, I would suspect that you actually do have a limited set of courier's and buyers that cover 80-90% of your shipments.  You could set up catalogs for the most common ones and provide a choice of "OTHER" where you would than record the actual name as inspection text.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Fire Fighter,

your valuable  suggestion but through linking MIC mapping scenario is not possible so that why we suggested class characteristics in open no values. User will enter values in change batch.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that mesage is beign called in programme LCQTAU24. Kindly check with ABAPER , if they may do something.

By the way, logical i don't thing external instpection lot is required for any one.

it will be always erronious for the customer. he might be afraid because as we guess, they are going to use SAP first time.They can enter additional information in any other open (free) fields during inspection lot creation.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Number range can be assigned only to Inspection Lot origin.

So try assigning External number range in IMG - Quality Management - Quality Inspection - Inspection lot creation - Maintain Number ranges

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply but  I am unable to assign External number ranges into 89 lot origin  in QA09 any idea about this ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried now, its not possible to have external number range for Inspection lot. Its creating short dump for external number range.