cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO GET THE WHOLE XML PAYLOAD INTO 1 FIELD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scnerio of RFC TO SOAP synchronous...Here in the Response_output(sender) i have 3 fields in the sender side response...To that 3 fields i need to get complete xml payloads....

1st field:i have to get the whole xml format of the request xml payload generated at the receiver side which we ping to the web service

2nd field: i have to get the whole xml format of the response from the web service

3rd field: i have to get a single field value which exist in the request xml payload generated at the receiver side which we ping to the web service

your suggestions are more valuable

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use SOAP Lookup to achieve this functionality. So the design would be:

RFC Request --> SOAP Request -> Lookup from UDF --> SOAP Response --> RFC Response.

In this design you need to use only 1 message mapping and Sender Payload would be available through out the mapping. So you can easily use 'Return as XML' functionality and populate Receiver RFC Response structure.

For more information: http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defi...

Regards,

Nabendu.

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Your requirement is not clear can you share the screenshot of message mapping.

Regards,

Manigandan

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The whole XML can be inserted into a single field by using Return as XML functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, use the "return as XML" functionality in message mapping as described in 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable suggestions...It can be done for the 1 field in the response ...but for the remaining 2 fields i have to get the request xml payload in which it does not exist in the source we are using..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way to have access to request message in response mapping is to implement a (cc)BPM, there you have both request and response in the process container, and can use them in a mapping step. The drawback is the higher complexity and lower performance of BPM for the synchronous call.

Why do you actually need request data in response? Isn't the request data is available in the RFC? What RFC is it? Please also refer to Re: Store value from request message to be processed in response mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way other than BPM....i need the request xml in the response field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you actually need request data in response?

Can you handle your requirement in the RFC, where you have both request and response data available?

What RFC is it?

Other members asked the same, please have a look at the following discussions about the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

the customer needs it because even if error occurs in the response then also he has to generate document depending on that request xml...

here i am using BAPI(RFC) in the ECC system....

Synchronous scenerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) What do the 4 links to the threads from my previous 2 responses teach you, and how can they help you to solve your issue?

2) What documents you need to create? Can you create those documents you mention directly in the RFC, where you have both request and response data available?