cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM in Two Landscapes Scenario?

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have below questions for the ChaRM implementation.

We have two landscapes

A. Production Support Landscapes (Maintenance) with systems DEV (Development System)-> QAS (Quality System)-> PRD(Production System)

B. Project Landscape (Implementation) with DV1 (Project Development System) -> QA1 (Project Quality System).

We would like to implement ChaRM in both the landscapes. Here is our requirement and I need your help in understanding how we can achieve this.

I have developed below workflows for both the landscapes. We don't want to use Change Request, so we will directly create Change Documents.

a. ZMMJ - for Normal Change for Production Support (with 3 systems)

b. ZMHF - for Urgent Change for Production Support ( With 3 systems)

c. YMMJ - for Normal Change for Project landscape ( With 4 systems)

1. We will have Production support in A landscape. STMS Transport Route for ChaRM  (DEV-200->QAS-200->PRD-200)

2. We will have 4 system path for B landscape STMS Transport route (DV1->QA1->QAS->PRD) (QAS and PRD are part of Production support landscape and our UAT happens in QAS). I have created Domain link between DEV and DV1.

My Questions are

1. Is it possible to use QAS in both the landscapes STMS routes at the same time? DEV->QAS->PRD and DV1->QA1->QAS->PRD ?
  2. Is this kind of setup supported by SAP?
  3. When Implementation Project is in UAT (QAS) All the changes should go directly from DEC->PRD in Production Support Landscape.

So can I use my ZMMJ workflow (3 system workflow) here for Two systems (DEC->PRD) when QAS In used in Project Landscape?

4.  Is there a better way to configure this?

5.  As per this I have to change the STMS configuration every time QAS is released back to Production Support. For this I have to close the Maintenance Cycles in both the ChaRM projects and do the STMS config to start a new Maintenance Cycle.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its typical 5 system landscape, if i not mistaken.

can you confirm..  your landscape looks like this, in such case you can proceed with regular maintenance cycle??

1. is it possible to use QAS in both the landscapes STMS routes at the same time? DEV->QAS->PRD and DV1->QA1->QAS->PRD ?

I affraid, this is not supported because your dev and Prd also involved in 2 differnt transport routes, this leads inconsistency.  to avoid this SAP introduced Retrofit??

please proceed with retrofit. that wouldbe the better approach.

check out Dolores blogs for better understanding,

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

It would be really helpful if someone helps me on this message