SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retirement of Assets & Funds Management

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

I am retiring an asset and i do not want system to reinstate budget of the fund center whose asset is being retired. Currently system is increasing budget of the fund center which had originally been derived in Asset master. To avoid this from happening i have defined derivation rule wherein i have specified Asset transaction type and Asset number (from & to) ,in target field i am deriving a dummy commitment item and i have also set it as overwrite with new value. While retiring asset from ABAVN system is still deriving asset original FM Account assignment. Please guide me what should be done in order to avoid this.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

What does FMDERIVE's trace say? Is the condition fulfilled?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I was just about to put up this same issue on SCN when I saw your post. I am VERY interested in this.

I read online from SAP library for release 4.7 that you could actually specify which transaction types should be relevant to budget. This particular paragraph has been removed from the SAP library for version 6.0 and I'm still wondering how this is supposed to be achieved now.

For your particular issue, maybe you should look at the conditions stated in your derivation rule.

0 Kudos

Hi Mike:

We can surely stop budget consumption on asset retirement or transfer by using appropriate derivation rule and deriving a dummy commitment item. Please let me know if you need any assistance in this regard.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

What does the trace log show? Retirement gain / loss postings do not have asset number infomation. If your derivation sourse has asset number, it is not going to work.

Regards,

Ming

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve the issue by setting transaction type and asset ID. The rule i had developed earlier was not functioning because asset number i had given in rules value did not include the the asset i was retiring . Thanks for your input.