Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile BO Server Confirguration

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in SAP BO 4.0 SP6 and BW 7.0 SP25.

We are planning to implement BO Mobile and i am just doing the POC for the same.

I have setup the BO Server and deployed BO Mobile War file as per James blog below.

http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/businessobjects/blog/2012/05/08/bi-mobile-for-dummies-2-of-3

After deployed i tested the URL which is success in my environment as well.

http://server:port/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

Now, when i try to publish my WebI report using WebI Rich Client, i don't see the option "Publish to "  and i can see only "Save to Enterprise".  When i click Save to Enterprise, i don't see Mobile category under this.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

xport the report to a repository

Then, assign it to a Mobile Category ( this category is not avaiable by default, but will have to be created manually)

Once done, login to your ipad or mobile device

you should be able to see the report

Regards,

Atul B

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried by creating Mobile Category and assigned few WebI Documents to that.

I am able to login to my BO server using SAP BI App from IPad, but ! after login , i don't find documents and i did refresh many times with no use.

Same way i am also trying to login as BO Explorer, where i couldn't even login to the server and getting message "Unable to connect to the Mobile Server. Check the URL.

Request you kind guidance.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

check if the category is created with name Mobile

sometimes, spell checks can be a mess

you have logged in using administrator rights on ipad? right

this will show that, there are no rights issues!!

check if you are connecting to the correct server. If using any load balancer, try to bypass it and connect directly.

Try putting reports based on efasion universe under Mobile category for testing

Regards,

Atul B

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

thanks a lot to you.

I got my SAP BI App working fine with those reports.

but ! when i try my BO Explorer, i couldn't get login to it.  it shows below message, where as my mobile server is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

can you start a new thread for the same, it wil be easier for others as well

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try using the application connection details for explorer as below and let us know if the issue in connecting to BO explorer server still persists.

BO 4.0

Server URL: http://192.16.X.yy:8080/explorer

CMS: 192.16.X.yy:6400

Auth Type: Enterprise

Username:

Password:

BO 3.1

Server URL: http://192.16.X.yy:8080/polestar

CMS: 192.16.X.yy:6400

Auth Type: Enterprise

Username:

Password:

Thanks

Mallik

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malli,

I tried the same configuration, but ! still couldn't get in. It shows the same error message.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

From the error posted by you, it seems like explorer app is trying to connect through Mobile server. please ensure "Connect Via Mobile Server" is set to off when you are trying to connect via explorer server and your VPN shows active while testing the connection, if you are connecting through VPN server.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i think is, when you are usig mobiserver, then you will need to have the MOBIServer war file present under tomcat/webapps

if not using it, then the request should go thorugh MobileBIService.war which is again fine

also, check if your explorer servers are up and running,

Regards,

Atul B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not save report as mobile category.  but  you have to save as into enterprise portal any other folder where you want to save it.

Next you have to assign to mobile category after saving in to enterprise portal.. dont save it directly to mobile category.

let me know if you want to know any thing else.

Thank You,

haresh