Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to PI 7.3 from XI 3.0

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where out client is upgrading from XI 3.0 to PI 7.3 ( dual stack) with new installation and phase out approach.

Now before upgrade my client wants to know about the benefits of upgrade to PI 7.3 also how the upgrade will help his business.

Can you please provide your inputs and also please let me know the advantages of PI 7.3 over XI 3.0?

Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks

Geetanshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are lot of benefits that can be achieved using PI 7.31 over XI 3.0.

you need to understand the scenarios that are been used in XI 3.0 to address benefits specific to your customer.

But on a over all  lot of new features in PI 7.31 over XI 3.0

1. Huge Performance improvements.

2. High availability i.e stability issues of system been addressed.

3. built in features of lookup functionality and module support for idoc conversions in case idoc flat files are generated..

4. idoc packaging support

5. Support for large file transfers.

6. Transport mechanism can be made easy via CTS Plus. still there can be lot more depends on the how the usage been in XI 3.0

And biggest advantage now available is the Migration Tool which can be utilised to convert the old classical scenarios to ICO scenarios in new system which can drastically reduce the effort required for migration..

HTH

Rajesh

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i will add few,

for monitoring you have user defined message search. you can search messages based on the message content.(this option is in 7.11 also).

you have one more alerting mechanism that is component based message alerting.

you can process huge files using junk mode in file adapter.

java based idoc and http adapters available.

Web UI is handful  for governance of ESR objects. it is used to view data types,services intefaces,WSDL,etc.. without logging into ESR.

You have service Registry where you can publish your services.

you can access PI from NWDS

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/10/14/pixi-pi-73--accessing-pi-with-nwd...

Regards,

Muniyappan.