cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Diagnostic agent in managed system configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing the managed system configuration in solman 7.1. We are doing managed system configuration for solution manager itself. Now we are stuck in step 4 i.e. assign diagnostic agent. its showing agent is offline. I have attached the following screenshot for your reference. Kindly share your inputs to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satyabrat,

I found that problem recently and the problem was the connection between the Agent and the solution manager trough communication port 5xx00.

to check that , there is a sapnote that is used as a previous check to send a message to SAP Support,

Note 1076573 - Requirements before opening a message for Diagnostics

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1076573

Using that SAP note you will make check on Agent log's and traces:

Type 2:

http://<solmanhost>:<solmanport>/smd/AgentAdmin

b) Navigate to "Agent Log Viewer"

c) Select your agent

d) Click on "Download Logs"

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<instance>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/defaultTrace.*.trc

Type 3:

Goto: Agent Administration -> Agent Log Viewer for SMDSystem.*.log and SMDAgentApplication.*.log.

On that log files you will be able to see if there is a problem with the agent conection.

regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lluis,

I can see any agent in Agent Log Viewer so will not be able to see the logs. Please refer the attachment for your reference.

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check logs at file system level. But first check if diagnostics agent is up and running.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check on Server at file system level.

X:\usr\SAP|DAA\SMDAXX\work\

X:\usr\SAP|DAA\SMDAXX\SMDagent\log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata,

Please go through the below link for SMD Agent which is getting offline:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2013929

Hope this will help you out.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lluis,

I already seen those logs and found the error with P4 port and fixed the issue with smdsetup.

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"<fqn>" port:"<p4 port>" [optional user:"<value>" pwd:"<value>"]

I can see the same   details in the link suggested by Ajitabh.

Thanks & Regards,

Satyabrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabarata,

Good to hear that your Issue has been resolved now.If my link is helpful for you

kindly give the respected Points for this.

Thanks

Ajitabh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

can you check if DAA agent is connected to your Solution Manager . Check the logs SMDsystem.log and smd.connnector.listener.log   under usr/sap/DAA/SMDA<nn>/SMDAgent/log .

Regards

Jayanth

0 Kudos

Ensure that you have the latest LM-SERVICE. Also check if Diagnostics Agent is up and running. And more importantly, check if it is connected to Solution Manager. Check the logs "SMDSYSTEM.n.log" which helps you to find out the cause if in case any issues with Diag agent conenctivity.

~Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check status of your diagnostics agent. Make sure it's up and running. If it's up and running check this diagnostics agent logs.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would first suggest getting the diagnostic agents up the a newer version, for example my agents are on version:   7.10.8.0.20130129150956

Look to JSPM at your LM-TOOLS & LM-SERVICE; I just updated LM-TOOLS to 7.02.13.2, LM-SERVICE is 7.10.8.0.

I also recommend updating all your components up to date, ABAP & Java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Due to time constraints I will not able to update the Patched suggested by you. I think There must be some thing creating problem in the system which I am not able to find out.

when I am trying to select the agent its saying

The Diagnostics agent selected '<hostname>.com' is offline. I also can see that the SMD agent is running fine in sloman system.

Please note that I am doing the activity for my solman system only and the DAA is installed in the same host of my solman system.

Thanks,

Satyabrat