cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certification - Suggestion for Career advancement in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Very first thing - my question may sound very weird however it comes because I need to gain an edge with an additional knowledge along with my current skill set.

Background - I am an ABAP consultant (not certified) with 6 years of experience. In past two+ years I have also got a chance to play as a techno-functional more towards Materials Management. 

Question -

Being an ABAP developer I certainly have depth hands on experience in ABAP. For the very same reason I decided to choose a different certification other than ABAP. The thought process behind is, when I look for an opportunity, I am already being recognized as a developer and I feel a certification on different area would benefit me more in the competition (you may differ and provide your opinion on this).

Reason for considering SAP MM- I have been working in requirement analysis, process improvement on MM as a team with a 15 years experience certified SAP MM consultant who guides me with the domain knowledge as well as in SAP MM functionality.

Reason for considering SAP HANA - here comes the confusion. I ultimately need to balance between career as well as opportunity. As many of us here I, I am considering SAP HANA as it is an upcoming career in SAP. SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP HANA 1.0 (i.e C_HANAIMP_1) certification seems to have something for ABAP compared to others.

So, the question id very vague I hope you understand the confusion. Before choosing anything I want to start with a right direction and your suggestion going to help me a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

According to me,

As you have 6 years of experience in ABAP and 2+ in functional.It is now good for you to be in functional domain for 2 more years.Meantime, you can go for certification for SAP MM..

Certification add stars to your resume.

Thanks & Regards,

Abdul

Answers (0)