cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Background job execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a doubt in back ground job processing...We have a job which runs for very long time (archiving job). I want that job to run from Sunday morning to evening 6PM again I need to run the same job next sunday morning to evening continuing from previous week stop point.

My question , there is a option in SM37 to STOP the job. If I stop the job and then resume back the same job, will it continue from the point where it stopped?

Is there any way to execute the background job like above scenario. I know it can be done by 3rd party tool, but I want to do the same from R/3

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

In later versions of SAP (from Enterprise version if iam not wrong), you can interrupt the archive job and continue later. This is not the feature of background processing, but the archiving job itself.

Interruption is possible on basis of duration of the job and size of archive file. See the following link which details the mentioned feature; go to The Archive Development Kit and see the topic Interrupting and Continuing Archive Sessions:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/6d/56a06a463411d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

Hope this helps to work towards the solution of your problem.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information on the "interrupt" functionality within archiving. This functionality is for the archive write job. Starting at SAP 4.7, you can configure an archive object for "interruption possible". In ECC 6.0, this is configured within AOBJ. Then, within the Technical Settings for Cross-Archiving Object Customizing, you can set either/or Max. Duration Hrs, or Max MB per session as the criteria for when the archive write job would be interrupted. To continue the archiving session, the delete phase for the previously created files needs to be complete.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

I dont think that even third party tools will support this. There is no status in SAP for such kind of background jobs. Once a job is active it can achieve only 2 statuses finished or cancelled.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do not think so it is possible.

Cheers,

-Sunil