cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto populate the characteristics on variant configuration screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to auto populate fields when a configuration screen pops up during sales order line item entry (SAP ECC 6.5).

When we enter SO line item and hit enter configuration screen open up. This is ok as the configurable material is already set up and the configuration screen pops up as expected.

The detailed requiremt is as below:

1. When the configuration screen opens, the characteristic Special VAS Code (on General tab, screen shot attached) should be auto populated with some value fetched from a custom table.

2. When we enter some value for Film ID 1, then other charcteristic fields should get auto populated.

Have anyone implemented similar requirement? I searched for exit/badi but of no use.

Please suggest me some solution for the same as its very urgent and critical.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For default value set based on some conditions (could be stored in variant table) I suggest to use procedure with "$set_default" statement plus conditions.

For auto-populating other characteristics values based on Film ID1 best will be creation of Dependency net and Constaint. Constrain based on data in variant table will set other values. Important! Your characteristics need to be set as 'restrictable' to allow constraint to change values.

I'm sure you will find a lot of documentation how to use $set_default and Constraint but if you need any more info - just let me know,

Regards,

Darek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujeet,

did you find the solution for this, where in we opt valu from the selection in configurator:

like length as 100 meter as value, use this in external abap code calculations (complex) get the value to update other value of other characteristics and save.

this calculation is outside configurator but input value is from user and output value is to update existing chars in configurator.

this calculations is not manageable in constraints .. i tried.

BR

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujeet,

To do this, variant table and dependencies have to be used.

1- create a variant table using t-code CU61 and add the characteristics, including "Special VAS code" and one more KEY characteristic, say "COLOR".

2- In table maintenance CU60, maintian the values for the Charceristic "Special VAS code" based on key characteristic , say, COLOR.. Give entries such that if COLOR is Black, then "Special VAS code" = 10, .. The characteristic COLOR need to be "Key" field.

3- Write Depenacny net, with CONSTRAINT, where you refer to the table, and infer values of "Special VAS code"

4- Add the Depedancy net to the Configuration profile of the Material number in CU41 or CU42.

Refer this sap help which explains the code and use of a constraint.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/58c2f8417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/content.htm

Regards,

Aby

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you want values to be automatically populated for a characteristic , please consider using the

"default value" in CT04.

Please check the online documentation at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/ec/62ae27416a11d1896d0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

If you want the characteristic to be populated differently depending on other characteristics then

a better option would be the use of Procedures in Object Dependecy.

Please refer to the online documentation at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Thanks -

Enda