cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSID_02 service not starting Urgent very critcal please help.

former_member209962
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

We did kernel upgrade from  720 201 to 720 300 and after the upgrade on

node 1 service SAPSID_02 is not starting we tried to uninstall and

install the service but its not starting and given error

we even tried restoring old kernel but still same issue kindly help us

to solve this issue.

We implemented note 82751 but no luck we also tried upgrading kernel to

latest 720 402  but same problem service SAPSID_02 on NODE1 is not

starting   we also coped sapstartsrv from diffrent location but still same probelm

we also uninstalled and installed SAPSID_02 service but same issue

please provide solution as soon as possible presently we are running

system on NODE2 (Dialog instance)

kindly provide solution asap this is very critical.

Thanks

Tabrayz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member209962
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Problem is solved  sapstartsrv.log and sapstart.log was locked hence we renamed it and problem is solved

SCN Moderator took lot of time to approve my post hence i could not get your valuable inputs on time

Thanks

Tabrayz

Former Member
0 Kudos

which process did lock the files?

where did you find the information that the files were locked (would be usefull for other people).

kind regards

Peter

former_member209962
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

With the help of below tool you can find out.

http://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessExplorer.zip

Please install this tool on server this will show which file is locked

This solution is given by SAP.

Thanks

Tabrayz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tabrayz,

well, this tool is very well known (especially by me).

But I am interested in the analysis which process did opened these two files and did not close them again. Not every "service can't start" message will start with using process explorer to analyse the situation.

The windows notepad editor does not hold open filehandels after opening the document.

So would be nice to have more details and look whether we can avoid this in future.

kind regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the SAP Windows Service is not starting you have first look into the Windows Eventlogs (first into the System Log and additionally Application Log).

If you do not find the root cause for the behavior you then will have a look into the instance/work directory (ASCS instance: sharedDisk:/usr/sap/SID/ASCS00/work all files named sapstart*). Please be aware that no new log-/trace files were written, if the sapstartsrv.exe can't be started as a process.

If you do not find any information up to here it might be usefull to use www.sysinternals.com procmon.exe in order to find out what the service executable is doing - but at this point it is the best to open a ticket at SAP Support.

kind regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would start with a reboot of the server and if in and HA setup, the cluster and go from there. 

Also check out the logs in the \usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS##\work folder.  We had similiar issues after upgrading our ECC kernel and needed to restart everything

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tabrayz

from event viewer do you see the error log? Can you restart the node?

Let me know

a

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also have you tried restarted the Windows service for SAP on that node?  In my landscape we recently had an issue with a node failure and after the windows service was restarted it came online as if nothing had happened.